Why is the Free Cloud Going Away?
lsanders3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received an email stating that my Verizon Cloud was no longer going to be free. So I have been on the phone with Verizon with several different calls today.

This is what I learned; Verizon gave us 5GB of cloud service for free with our plan years ago. So now for 500GB they will be charging $5.00 and for 1TB they will be charging us $9.99, these are per month. They will continue to store our contacts without additional payments but all pictures, video, etc. will be gone.

So my question to her was I am in a plan and that has been an included feature for years (I have been with Verizon 15+ years) and this is something they included in my package since the cloud came into existence, not something I asked to be added on. So, I asked since they were taking this away what would my bill credit be, she did not understand what I meant so I said if I called in and asked for a feature to be added to my plan they would want to charge me for it. Therefore, I think that since they are taking something away that I should receive a credit.

I do think this falls under Bait and Switch because they gave us something and got us use to using it and now want to charge for it. I asked why they didn’t grandfather those of us in that were already on it and start charging new customers for the plan like they do when they change plans around and she just said that wasn’t how they chose to do this.

I further explained to her that Verizon charged more for their plans than most other cellular carriers and now most carriers can compete at the same level of service that I would have to think about switching carriers. She did say it was not anything she could do at this level to offer the service (which I understand) so I know of any other way to get the word out there to have others contact Verizon if that is your carrier and let them know about your dissatisfaction with this. Maybe as a group we can get it changed. I will also be emailing and sending a hard copying via Postal Service this complaint to Verizon Corporate Office.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is the Free Cloud Going Away?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LSanders3

Thank you for your feedback. It's appreciated as it allows us to hear your voice and recommendations on how we can be better for you in the future. As a reflection of our commitment to our customers, we previously provided 25 GB's of Verizon Cloud storage at no additional cost. However, due to the ever growing high demand for cloud storage, customers on free cloud accounts are being directed to move to a premium cloud storage tier to accommodate your media storage needs. If you do not wish to pay for media storage, you have the option of moving your media to other storage applications, e-mail accounts, or your personal PC. I hope that this explanation is helpful to you. 

For more information regarding Verizon Cloud, click the link below:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/?task=cloud

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why don't you download everything from the Verizon Cloud and upload it to one of the other cloud services available that will allow you to access your stuff no matter which carrier you are using?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LSanders3

Thank you for your feedback. It's appreciated as it allows us to hear your voice and recommendations on how we can be better for you in the future. As a reflection of our commitment to our customers, we previously provided 25 GB's of Verizon Cloud storage at no additional cost. However, due to the ever growing high demand for cloud storage, customers on free cloud accounts are being directed to move to a premium cloud storage tier to accommodate your media storage needs. If you do not wish to pay for media storage, you have the option of moving your media to other storage applications, e-mail accounts, or your personal PC. I hope that this explanation is helpful to you. 

For more information regarding Verizon Cloud, click the link below:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/?task=cloud

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

zbysiu
Enthusiast - Level 1

As you say "However, due to the ever growing high demand for cloud storage, ..." soon we ca expect : "However, due to the ever growing high demand for voicemail,   ..." , "However, due to the ever growing high demand for Caller ID... " and so on, so on. When Verizon will start charging for those and other similar features like Call forwarding, No answer busy transfer .... ? After all I remember times when you have to pay for it. So go back to those times. 

Zbysiu