Why do my thumbnails fail to appear on the cloud?
jwhiteker

Many of my photos and videos on the cloud fail to display a thumbnail or preview image as I search through them.  Sometimes even if I click on the icon that is missing a thumbnail, there may still be a photo or video still there.  I was deleting some of these for a while thinking they were broken or damaged images.  This is very frustrating as I try to sort through things and get rid of unwanted photos on my cloud.  My laptop has excellent resources and my wi-fi connection is 50mbps so I know they are not the issue.  I realize that the service is offered at no extra charge and is a nice convenience, but is there a way to resolve this issue?  I cannot see many of my photos and videos unless I select them individually to bring them up.  At which point, they even load somewhat slowly, like the service has to search for them.  Please help.  If the verizon cloud is going to be this clunky, I will have to find another place to archive photos.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do my thumbnails fail to appear on the cloud?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping your pictures safe is definitely important so I understand your concern. The Verizon Cloud is a great way to store and manage your pictures jwhiteker.

Just so I am clear is your concern that you are unable to preview all the pictures and videos? Have you been able to do this before on the Verizon Cloud?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jwhiteker

Verizon cloud has almost always seemed a bit sluggish when loading

thumbnail previews, and I remember one or two photos not showing up on the

thumbnail screen, but this time, it was closer to half of thumbnails that

had no picture showing, only empty boxes. Like I mentioned, my connection

is excellent. It seems like an issue with the site. I don't think it's due

to the amount of photos I have stored as I have not even come close to the

5gb limit.

On May 9, 2016 7:14 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jwhiteker, thanks for being so detailed with us. It really helps. The awesome thing is that when you click the thumbnail the picture loads. That means that they are being properly stored. It is normal for the cloud to get a little sluggish if you are constantly backing up more and more content.

Have you gone into your app store to make sure the app is newly updated?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes