Why can't I access cloud from an unlocked phone?
bill-m

I installed the Verizon Cloud app from my Moto X Pure phone.  However, the app would not let me log in, even though I had a valid My Verizon account (which I could access from the web.)  When I checked the Products & Apps page, it says my phone (and my sons' Moto G4 phones) were not compatible.  Neither myself (nor a VZW rep I chatted with) could find any mention of this limitation on the VZW web site.  Is this an intentional limitation?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't access cloud from unlocked phone
jasperm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to make sure you can access your account with your phone. Based on the type of phone you have not all of the features and applications provided by Verizon will work for this device. At this time there isn't a work around offer that we can provide to fix this issue. You can use the internet and log in directly from your phone browser if needed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
albertor_vzw
Verizon Employee

I depend on my device to back up. Are you trying to login with your username or mobile number?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bill-m

I tried logging in with both my username and telephone number.  When I started the cloud app for the first time, the app automatically put my phone # in the username field.

0 Likes
jasperm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to make sure you can access your account with your phone. Based on the type of phone you have not all of the features and applications provided by Verizon will work for this device. At this time there isn't a work around offer that we can provide to fix this issue. You can use the internet and log in directly from your phone browser if needed.

0 Likes
nyc_eps

I have the same problem.  The first agent told me that tech. services can make a patch(or similar), and they will be in touch with me within 24 hours of his putting through the ticket.  This never happened!

I called back and was told he was wrong.  She said the problem is that that line is not compatible to the "free"cloud because it's not a verizon phone.  She said that I could purchase 25 gig and it would work. On 1I/05/16 I did that and it did not work, and now I see that I don't have the 25gig plan, it is listed as the free plan.  I did not make this change, and still does not work.  Who can change my account?  Should I try the 25gig again?

0 Likes