Re: Who else here plans to switch to another wireless provider since Verizon is ending their cloud?
wanageshik
Enthusiast - Level 3

There may be better cloud service elsewhere that’s free but it’s the principle.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Who else here plans to switch to another wireless provider since Verizon is ending their cloud?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's a principle to only use a service available to one carrier?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wanageshik
Enthusiast - Level 3

I pay a lot of money for Verizon so I expect top class service. I don’t think that’s a lot to ask.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

wanageshik wrote:

There may be better cloud service elsewhere that’s free but it’s the principle.

Sent from my iPhone

So it's principle to leave a company if they ever change their pricing structure? I can't think of ANY company which has never done that. You must have very short list of companies you have been with for a long time.

Personally, I like the principle of using the best service for the money. For me, that has meant using Google's Cloud services for the last 5+ years instead of Verizon's sub-par cloud services.

Their cellular services are the best value for my money, though and that is why I continue to use them. When Verizon deletes my cloud account, I will not even notice

rcschnoor
Legend

wanageshik wrote:

I pay a lot of money for Verizon so I expect top class service. I don’t think that’s a lot to ask.

Sent from my iPhone

The service isn't changing, just the price. So even though the service will continue and I assume you think it is "top class" since you use it on principle, you are leaving because of the principle they have changed the price?

0 Likes
wanageshik
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds good! So you use the google cloud AND cellular service? I will definitely check that out. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wanageshik, it would break our heart to lose you. I can understand your concerns with having to pay for Verizon Cloud storage. Due to the high demand of cloud storage, all customers are now being directed to move to a premium Verizon Cloud option. The cost of premium storage starts at a low $5.00 a month for 500GB of cloud storage. This will also give you peace of mind, knowing all of your content is backed up. The Verizon Cloud storage is optional and if you decide to install and back up your content through a free third party app, you may certainly do so. It is not required that you keep Verizon Cloud Storage and pay the monthly cost associated with it. However, if you decide to back up your content through a third party app, please ensure you remove and back up all your content currently saved on Verizon Cloud to avoid your content being deleted. 

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes