Verizon says my free 25GB cloud storage is "expiring" and I have to pay to keep my data.
Saxman88

Has anyone had Verizon tell them the free cloud storage they've been using is "expiring" and now they'll have to pay for it? In a promotion quite a while back I received 25GB of cloud storage for each of our smartphones, free and with no expiration date. Now I'm being told the availability of that storage is "expiring" and we have the option of paying for "premium" cloud storage. If we don't, they will delete all our stored photos, videos, SMS messages, etc and just leave our contacts.

We have been with Verizon (well, first PacTel Cellular and then Airtouch and then Verizon) since 1993. They've been mostly good to us. Any changes in plans or promotions they've grandfathered us in. Not this time. I've talked at length with two different customer reps, and in the end they're taking the hard line. Even saying we could use the free Google storage. The explanations for why this is happening have been various, but the bottom line is they want more money from us for what we already have. Not happy.  Anyone else have this experience?  And what did you do? I'm considering jumping carriers, but am reluctant to do so.  I'm shocked that Verizon is essentially telling me we have to pay more for what we already have.  It's a betrayal. It's unethical.  (It's how big business acts when they don't care about customer good will). 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon says my free 25GB cloud storage is "expiring" and I have to pay to keep my data.
jav6
Champion - Level 3

There is plenty of discussion on the forum regarding the Verizon Cloud moving to a subscription service for Content (not Contacts). Easy to find if you search.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Re: Verizon says my free 25GB cloud storage is "expiring" and I have to pay to keep my data.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Saxman88, we truly do appreciate your loyalty over the years. As the use of phones changes, so do the products and services. As I also have a 5 line account, I understand not wanting to add additional costs for something that used to be free. This is why I have taken advantage of other storage options. Should you wish to continue with the Cloud, you may learn details on current offers at http://spr.ly/6583D8vFN;

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jerryskidx2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is it that ALL the answers are on Twitter? That's ridiculous too!

0 Likes
RYAKRE40
Enthusiast - Level 1

They are going to charge everyone.  I personally am going to switch carriers. Verizon is one of the most expensive out there to begin with. With all the free storage option out there now, you can store everything for free. Verizon is just greedy.

sliggins50

That was the same reason I jumped on this blog to see why VZW all of a sudden wants to charge me for cloud storage when we have always had 25GB free storage. I refuse to pay them even more money per month than what I currently pay. Their pricing is insane. Problem is, they have the best network service in my area. You would think they would continue to grandfather in the loyal customers to keep them happy. I haven't called VZW yet but I will certainly see what I can do to remedy this.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

sliggins50 wrote:

That was the same reason I jumped on this blog to see why VZW all of a sudden wants to charge me for cloud storage when we have always had 25GB free storage. I refuse to pay them even more money per month than what I currently pay. Their pricing is insane. Problem is, they have the best network service in my area. You would think they would continue to grandfather in the loyal customers to keep them happy. I haven't called VZW yet but I will certainly see what I can do to remedy this.

Download your content from the Verizon Cloud and upload it to a different free cloud service that isn't tied to any carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure all your information can be backed up, sliggins50. I sent you a private message, so we can better assist you. I will be standing by to further assist. 

ChetonJ_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes