Verizon is trying to cancel my free Cloud - HELP!!
Kellyh9999

Verizon is trying to cancel my free Cloud (5 gb per line - 25gb total) that has no expiration.  It was part of my plan so it is a contract service.  Seems like a breech of contract to me.  Anyone else having this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon is trying to cancel my free Cloud - HELP!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kellyh9999, the last thing we want is to remove your Verizon Cloud backup and have you lose any of your important personal content. Since Verizon Cloud is a feature service and not part of any type of contract as compared to an upgrade, certain terms and conditions can be changed at times. 

Since Verizon Could is supported in great length now, it has been changed to a paid premium media storage service. We are now offering 2 storage options at a competative cost. 500GB for $5 and 1TB for $9.99 per month. Anyone with Verizon Cloud free media storage will be required to either upgrade to a premium paid option, or remove their media before their account will be deleted. You can continue to use the Verizon Cloud app to store your contacts, free of charge. I hope this information helps clear up the details on how we are supporting Verizon Cloud for the future. You can learn more and review additional options at the link below. http://spr.ly/6586Dw4Bi

AlanS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kellyh9999

When we were forced into the More Everything plan like cattle, it was offered as a perk to taking the phone plan.  It was part of the offer - never were we told there was an expiration date.  I use 5 (FIVE) gb of storage.  Who needs 500 gb?  Not me.  I don't want to have to clean out the 5 gb I have now much less the data the 500 gb would hold.  I do not want to pay for a sliver of what others use and tbh shouldn't have to.  Verizon changes what they offer only after folks have become comfortable and used to having that service (that was promised with a new phone plan) then hold it hostage for more money.  Blackmail is ugly on anyone.  Greed even more so.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kellyh9999, I can certainly understand your sentiments in regard to the Verizon Cloud. Due to the ever growing high demand for cloud storage in recent years, we have opted to move to a premium service. Please take note that this decision was not made lightly, and we are always receptive to customer feedback. You will still be able to back up your contacts on our non-premium option. In addition, you will always have the option to back up your content to a computer or use the cloud option native to your phone. Please let me know if this provides clarity.

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Kellyh9999​,

As you pointed out, 25GB of cloud storage was included in your More Everything Plan.  If you are still on the MoreEverything plan like many of our customers, you should not lose your cloud service.  If you are no longer on the More Everything plan, the plan you are on may not have included a free cloud service.   As LorenzoP pointed out, market dynamics have changed and we stopped offering the free Cloud service last September.

0 Likes
KIRKPADL8

Here we go again loosing services, so they can charge more money. 

0 Likes