Verizon Cloud
kringram
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I am trying to upload a 17Gb file from my macbook pro which is on Majave 10.14.6 and when I try to upload the file I get “You have attempted to upload a file that exceeds the operator configured size limit.” I went to settings and did not find a limit that I could set, how do we configure it? I am also getting multiple errors for “Server received a bad request.File failed to upload error” and it looks like the filenames are the issues ? Why are some filenames supported and some aren’t ? Some filenames only have a "/" and it blocks those. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kringram, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble with your upload. As a 17GB file would definitely be a large file, this is not unusual. Most devices will have a 2GB to 4GB upload limit. While we do support service to MacBook, for issues with configuration we do suggest reaching out to the manufacturer at https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=psp&PRKEYS=PL107.   LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud
JasonB_VZW
Verizon Employee

The error message appears on quick search to be related to the MacBook.  Are you using the Desktop App for Cloud or the Web Portal Cloud access URL?  If the latter then it's an apparent browser config and not a Cloud related matter.  If the former then is this a single 17GB file, or a 17GB folder?

0 Likes