Verizon Cloud isn't working correctly for me.
4EVERI_LL_LOVEMOLLY

I've been trying almost non-stop, to sync from my device (BlackBerry Q10) to the Verizon Cloud, since yesterday.  I tried advice I read in Verizon Community Forums; things like deleting the app and then downloading it again, even though it deleted all saved data that was on the phone and now it needs to load it again.  I tried restarting the device many times, and finally, powering off and removing the battery for a couple minutes.  Nothing is getting the Verizon Cloud to work.  As of this moment, it says it scanned 440 files 100% (out of approximately 600 files), the arrows are turning at the top on the right, but there's no progress.  It tells me "ENABLED FOR BACKUP" yet it looks and seems as though backup isn't occurring.  I tried to have it update at all times; I kept changing it based on the time of day I tried to change that setting in the attempt to sync to the Cloud.  I adjusted the setting for how to load to the Cloud, from Wi-Fi only, to Wi-Fi & the Mobile Network.  Only Contacts successfully sync on every occasion, probably because there's only 4 of them to sync.  It's connected to micro-HDMI at the moment since the device will time out and make the screen go blank and dark after the maximum 5 minutes.  With micro-HDMI, it stays on the (TV) screen longer, but I still have to swipe it to monitor for progress.  And needless to say, it's a major drain on the battery.  I am concerned that it won't back up or sync unless constant swiping and monitoring of the screen happens and occurs, since it reverts to the lock screen after the 5 minutes of not being connected to micro-HDMI and the TV.  I even tried putting it extremely close to the wireless router, thinking that would be the best and fastest way to sync from the device to the Cloud.  I'm not interested in trying to sync to the Verizon Cloud from a computer.  I was told to switch browsers.  I also got told that technicians are working on fixing the Verizon Cloud at this moment.  It says "Update pending" for everything it can and does sync, other than Contacts.  Does anybody know how long it takes to sync 3.5 GB (out of the 5 GB which Verizon provides for free) using Wi-Fi?  It looks or appears to be a good, strong Wi-Fi signal at the moment, also.  I never thought it would take this long and STILL not successfully back up or sync to the Verizon Cloud.  How do and/or will I know if it's really, truly backing up content like the arrows indicate?  Not even my iPad takes this long to update over Wi-Fi.  Or, does anybody know of a technical trick I could try to work around the Cloud's glitches?  Every time I deleted and then downloaded the Verizon Cloud app again, it scanned a different amount of files, and the most I had at 1 point was 577.  I tend to get impatient when technological progress isn't being observed or noticed, like for the past 2 days.  That's how come I have repeatedly deleted the app and then downloaded it again, with no success, and also put it close to the router since I thought it would pick up a strong signal there.  I would be grateful for any Expert or Technician's advice on these issues with the Verizon Cloud.  Perhaps I don't know or understand how the Verizon Cloud works, but it seemed pretty understandable based on the limited information available online. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Cloud isn't working correctly for me.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can certainly understand how this can be frustrating. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Verizon is currently experiencing issue with Verizon Cloud service. Our technicians are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it quickly. At this time we do not have an estimated fix time frame, but feel free to reach out to us for updates.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud isn't working correctly for me.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can certainly understand how this can be frustrating. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Verizon is currently experiencing issue with Verizon Cloud service. Our technicians are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it quickly. At this time we do not have an estimated fix time frame, but feel free to reach out to us for updates.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes