Sending pictures from My Cloud Media..
djgking

I am trying to send pictures/albums from my cloud account to an email. I keep receiving A failed message.

( What is a "share name"? )

The steps i am taking are-

selecting the item/items i want to send then I click on "share",  then I click on "email"

A box pops up to enter a share name, my email, the recipient's email and a  message .

I've  tried putting in several different things including an "icloud.com" address the recipient gave me.

What is it I'm doing wrong? I'm new at this stuff, but  trying to learn.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sending pictures from My Cloud Media..
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Technically you aren't sending them the photos - you are giving the recipient permission to view them on your cloud - ie "sharing".  The share name is the virtual folder or shared space where the photos will be.  If they are scattered, you  may want to put copies of the original photos in one folder, and share that folder, and use that folder name as the "share name".

Enter your email, the recipients email, your message - it will get sent to your friend's email, and it should contain the  link to the shared folder you created, so your friend can view the photos on your cloud.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sharing your cloud content is a great feature, djgking. It's okay being new to these technologies and its always good to try to learn them. Let's dig a little deeper and get this resolved. Are you using the Verizon Cloud application from your phone or your computer? What specific error message are you receiving? Have you had any success sharing a picture from the cloud previously to another contact?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Technically you aren't sending them the photos - you are giving the recipient permission to view them on your cloud - ie "sharing".  The share name is the virtual folder or shared space where the photos will be.  If they are scattered, you  may want to put copies of the original photos in one folder, and share that folder, and use that folder name as the "share name".

Enter your email, the recipients email, your message - it will get sent to your friend's email, and it should contain the  link to the shared folder you created, so your friend can view the photos on your cloud.

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Here's how to share things from the Cloud android app: Share Media - Verizon Cloud - Android Smartphone | Verizon Wireless

If you are you are using these instructions and having problems then  let this forum know some more details about what messages you are getting.

0 Likes