Samsung Galaxy S7 and email contacts backed up to cloud account
shana_janee

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S7 and when trying to add my contacts to the new phone, it backed up all my email contacts. I should only have about 200 contacts, not the 2000 I now have due to the email contact backup. It is right online but not on the app on the new phone. How do I restore the backup to the previous version of only 200 contacts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 and email contacts backed up to cloud account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shana_janee,

We don't want you to have to sort through any more contacts then needed. Are the 2000 contacts showing up in the Verizon Cloud app or contacts?
DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shana_janee

Both. In contacts app I have deselected contacts from my email accounts where I can only see my phone contacts. But, at some point, it did backup all my email contacts and they are showing in my Cloud. And all these email addresses show in my suggested words in messaging app.

However, I did save a .csv file of my phone contacts from the Cloud before the other massive backup happened. So I guess I could delete them all and just reimport the phone contacts? The only problem in that case would be preventing the massive backup of email contacts from happening again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience is greatly appreciated on the matter shana_janee. IF you have the 200 contacts in a .csv file then you are able to override the contacts that you have in the Cloud. IF you are uncomfortable about the process then you can detele all the contacts in the Cloud first before proceeding. What questions do you have before proceeding?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes