How do I opt out of cloud premium?
whydoIneedausername
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I have received two text messages informing me:

"Free VZW Msg: Your free trial expires tomorrow. Continue to back up your content for $5.00/month, or to opt out or manage your cloud storage, visit go.vzw.com/mycloud"

Clicking this link, it takes me to the cloud app which just has a button to "Get Started".

1) How did I ever enroll in cloud premium? It was never intentional. If this is some kind of automatic enrollment I think it is awful that you are giving customers a chore to save $5/month.

2) How do I opt-out? Clicking this link on my phone takes me to an app that says "Get Started". Entering this link on a desktop takes me here: Verizon Cloud - Mobile Phone Backup | Verizon Wireless . I don't see instructions for opting out.

Why is this so difficult?

Labels (1)
Re: How do I opt out of cloud premium?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You should be able to log into your My Verizon account and remove the paid subscription, leaving only the contacts being backed up in the Verizon Cloud.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

whydoIneedausername, I can certainly understand your sentiment in regard to the Verizon Cloud. I will be glad to provide clarity. Due to the ever-growing high demand for cloud storage, customers on free cloud accounts who have never accessed the service are being directed to move to a premium cloud storage tier for as low as $5/month.

Although Verizon Cloud is a great option to enrich your Verizon experience, I want to ensure that you have autonomy over your Verizon Cloud. If you would like to opt-out, please see item 5 here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/. In addition, please keep in mind that you can continue to use Verizon Cloud free of charge to store your contacts. If you run into any issues or need additional assistance please let us know.

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
whydoIneedausername
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you would like to opt-out, please see item 5 here

All I see is an option to "Get Started" once I open the app. jav6​ 's answer seems more correct.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

whydoIneedausername, I apologize for any confusion in regard to the link that was provided on how to opt-out of the Verizon Cloud premium subscription. The link that was provided is the step by step instructions on how to remove the feature from your device. If you prefer to completely remove it from your account, as jav6 mentioned, you can log into your online My Verizon account. Once you have logged into your account you can navigate to "My Plans and Services" then click on "Manage Products and Services." From this page, you will be able to scroll down until you see the Verizon Cloud feature in your list and then click on "remove from account."

May I ask since you have sent your response if you have been able to have this taken care of and removed successfully? How are you logging into your My Verizon account to attempt to remove the feature?

Kevin_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Opting out essentially means canceling your Cloud service.  I am part of the Cloud development team so I am not allow to make changes to your wireless account.  There are several ways you can cancel the Verizon Cloud service:

From the Cloud app

• Tap the 3-line navigation menu in the upper left corner.
  • Scroll down and tap Settings.
  • Tap My Account, Manage Storage or Change plan, depending on your version of the app
  • Tap Delete My Account

From the Verizon Wireless website (www.verizonwireless.com)

• Log into My Verizon web portal (https://www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon) with the account owner or account manager credentials,
  • select My Plans & Services,
  • select Manage Apps & Products
  • scroll to Cloud and
  • click Remove.

Note: if you have Verizon Cloud on more than one phone line, it needs to be removed from each line individually.

With the assistance of customer support

• Call 800-922-0204 or chat with the support team.
  • Ask to have the Cloud service completely removed from your mobile number.

Most people enjoy the peace of mind in knowing that their valuable contacts or precious memories are safely stored in the cloud should they ever need to replace their phone.  I hope you will reconsider and continue using Verizon Cloud. 

Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback,

Verizon Cloud Team

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you; it took a little bit of hunting around, but I found the right place and removed Verizon Cloud from my account.  Now, I have the peace of mind that comes from knowing that my contacts, files and other private data are completely under my own control, and not on somebody else's computers where they're vulnerable to a data breach.