How can I run a back up of my phone without the app?
ashlynm88

My phone slid off of an unbalanced table and now the screen is completely black. I cannot access any thing on my phone through the touch screen and while waiting for the replacement to arrive I was trying to attempt backing up what is on there from current months after clearing my cloud space. Is there a way to initiate a back up through my Verizon account via PC/computer?

I do have a scheduled back-up, but I'm not entirely sure when it runs automatically.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I run a back up of my phone without the app?
JasonB_VZW
Verizon Employee

there are a two questions here I will answer in turn:

1) Scheduled Backup -> Default is hourly, though you can choose 'At Night' (10:01pm to 07:00am), or "During the Day" (07:01am to 10:00pm).  The actual time of the backup will depend on server load.  As long as your phone were still on while the screen were black, then cloud ran the backups.

2) Accessing Cloud from a PC -> You can log in to your Cloud via Web Browser using your My Verizon information at: https://cloud.verizonwireless.com/vzCloud/home/cloudOverview.action, or download the Desktop App and use it to sync & Backup from your PC. The Desktop App , while free, is only available for Premium Accounts, and it does not sync Contacts (the Free Cloud *only* syncs contacts).  NOTE: This does not initiate a Cloud backup *from your phone*, but only between the PC and the Cloud Storage repository.

0 Likes