Free 25GB Cloud storage scam
joerids
Enthusiast - Level 1

vzw screenshot.jpgvzw msg.jpg

These are screenshots that I took when I received a text stating that I would lose the free 25GB cloud storage. The First one shows that there is NO EXPIRATION DATE! The second screenshot is a text that was sent to me from a Verizon Rep. after I called concerning losing this promo. He assured me I wouldn't lose it. Well guess what happened today? NO MORE FREE CLOUD STORAGE!!!. After calling and talking to a rep that was help at all, I asked to speak to a manager. He said he was unable to help me get this promo back even though I was mislead (LIED TO)!!! Then the double talk started trying to get me to pay $5 for 500GB.There it is! Verizon always trying to suck more money out of their customers, Oh and by the way I have been a loyal customer for over 25 years. Then they start saying if I sign up for "THE UNLIMITED PLAN" which is also a joke and Verizon did not honor their original contracts.I am really starting to see a trend here of lying to customers and always trying to upsell their product. Well after getting no satisfaction from anybody at Verizon I decided to hit the social media sites to let others know of Verizon's  deceptive ways. And WOW was I amazed at all the feedback I received from others with their own HORROR STORIES. I have been a very loyal customer for Verizon and always praising them when others said that I was crazy to still be with them. I would always say Verizon's customer service was top notch and always would figure out a way to help me and any problems I might have. Well today was an eye opener. Verizon has been going downhill lately and now that other service providers are catching up quickly to their reliability, they really should try to keep the loyal customers they have. I am about to get off this Verizon train and start looking at other options. Also when I was getting feedback from the other people that Verizon has wronged, A few must have been attorneys because they wanted to use my screen shots in a CLASS ACTION SUIT against Verizon. I told them I wasn't interested at this time to be a part of that, and that I am going to give Verizon an opportunity to make this right. I must say I always thought I would be with Verizon but now I am not so sure.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Free 25GB Cloud storage scam
elctlary
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel your pain! Another ripoff by Verizon wireless! Take away features previously given as a promotion. Free 5 gig cloud storage included with plan, removed! Remove features that phone manufacturers provide with the phone to force customers to use VZW services! I.E. Samsung cloud service!

Frustrating

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is also Google Drive, One Drive, and another Cloud service I'm forgetting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks Ann154 for the input. 

joerids, due to the demand for cloud storage, select accounts are being directed to a premium cloud storage tier at $5/month for 1TB. If you choose not to upgrade, you still can back up your contacts. Your access to current media in your free cloud account remains until the date you received via text/email. After that date, your free cloud account and its content will be deleted. Here are more details https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/#cloud-changes.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MDPERREA

Was your data ever restored?

0 Likes
spotman

Verizon is NOT going to "make" it right! They deleted years of my grand daughter pics. "We're sorry". NOT sorry enough! Get with the lawsuit! if anyone here's of one starting, let me know!  [removed]

Personal information removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can't even imagine what it is like to lose those precious pictures, spotman. I have sent you a direct message to help resolve this concern. 

MarshallP_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Narouspk

I found out about this yesterday but I lost free 5gig. I'm planning on cancelling both lines and move to ProjFi. Was anyone able to get their pics/vids back? Hopefully, I can get them back before switching to another company. Not seeing anyone persuing the lawsuit but please count me in as I could not find any notification from VZW prior to deletion of my pictures and videos.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. Though we never want to hear that it's for this reasoning, we'd be more than happy to take a look into this for you. To start, how long has it been since you've lost this information? Also, would this be in regard to a Prepaid or Postpaid account? 

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Narouspk

Thanks Anthony.

I haven't felt like I didnt count after being with VZW for over a decade

but this issue with pictures/videos deleting from our postpaid cloud

account has given me reason to shop around and I'm glad to say we are

quitting VZW. The Thanksgiving deal had me rethink so I bought a new phone

instead of terminating. Was going to stay with VZW for at least the next 2

years but after finding out about our pictures/videos I've decided to

return the phone and switch. Thanks for responding though.

Regards,

Ish

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018, 12:51 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes