Delete messages on the cloud
Wiz632
Enthusiast - Level 2

I apparently have over 9k messages stored on the cloud, I just got a new phone and they started downloading.  I don't want any of these, they are useless, old and wasting space, how do I get them off of there.  I want to have absolutely 0 messages backed up.  Contacts and media are fine but my personal conversations have no place being there.  There is stuff from as far back as 2013, why would I ever need that?  It is just a bunch of useless dribble, I saved the messages I wanted on a hard drive long before I got a new phone.  I have looked through the forums and help pages and have seen absolutely nothing for how to get rid of them. 

I want them gone now. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Delete messages on the cloud
richs007
Verizon Employee

From the description what it sounds like is you did a restore of messages so that put it back on your phone. Since you already know about syncing of messages vs backing up, I won't waste your time.   To purge your messages from your cloud what you should do is delete all of the messages on your phone, go to the Cloud "What to backup" settings, make sure messages is checked and initiate a backup.  Once the backup finishes, it should delete all of the stored messages in the cloud.   (Remembering it's a sync - so when it sync'd the empty message database on your phone to the cloud, it should remove all of the message that were deleted.)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wiz632
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh and before someone says it is a sync method, I deleted all messages from the new and old phone then initiated a restore and they all downloaded yet again.  I want them off of the servers.  There is no option anywhere to get rid of them.  I have a huge issue with that.

I might cancel my contract, because I am within the period of time to do so, and switch carriers if I can't get rid of them.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wiz632, your loyalty means everything to us and we never want to see you go. We truly understand how important it is to make sure you are able to restore only the content you want from your Verizon Cloud on to your new device. Please allow us to further investigate the details of your concern. Can you please provide us the make/model of your device as we want to make sure we can guide you in the right path to get this matter resolved?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Wiz632
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for putting this in the correct place, I was unsure how to move it after I accidently put it here.  Was confused as on the computer website cloud is under my Verizon.  But now the question is in the correct place twice still with no answer.  I have been trying to figure this out for months and have just been given the runaround with no actual definitive way to deal with the issue.

Wiz632
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is a Samsung galaxy s7.  I don't see what the make and model has to do with deleting messages from the cloud via either the cloud app or the website.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wiz632 I couldn't agree anymore. I have stopped saving my messages on my phone app as well. Please click the following link and look at #6 and 7 for the information you are looking for. Cloud FAQs link: http://spr.ly/6580DHB5e

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Wiz632
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate the response, but that only covers media.  I have seen that several times in several places.  It does not cover backed up messages.  There is no option to select anything in the connections tab.  The help post there even says, how to delete media, not how to delete connections.  The steps there only work for deleting pictures, videos, documents and music, it even says that right in the title.  I obviously read that first before posting this question.  Why would I not read post a question without reading the FAQ.  If I really have to post screen shots to prove this to the company that owns the software I will, but there is no such option to delete messages from the connections tab, or anywhere.  Frankly I think there should be an option to just wipe the entire cloud, but that isn't there either. 

richs007
Verizon Employee

From the description what it sounds like is you did a restore of messages so that put it back on your phone. Since you already know about syncing of messages vs backing up, I won't waste your time.   To purge your messages from your cloud what you should do is delete all of the messages on your phone, go to the Cloud "What to backup" settings, make sure messages is checked and initiate a backup.  Once the backup finishes, it should delete all of the stored messages in the cloud.   (Remembering it's a sync - so when it sync'd the empty message database on your phone to the cloud, it should remove all of the message that were deleted.)

0 Likes