Cloud kills battery.
xbxfrk6

I have noticed recently that my Verizon cloud app has been draining my battery worse than if I left the screen on constantly. Attached is a few pictures of recent activity in a normal day. Phone has been in my pocket for most of the day since I have been in class. I had a break in which I charged the phone to 75% and then it drained about 40% while it was in my pocket over the next hour and a half- two hours. The first picture shows battery percentage that the app has been using. The next two screenshots show the comparisons of an app that is battery intensive(Spotify) vs the Cloud app. Something is obviously going wrong with the Cloud app. If I need to, I will find a way to disable it, because I can't afford for my phone to be at 24% at 3:40 in the afternoon.

Screenshot_20160926-154239.pngScreenshot (Sep 26, 2016 3-45-37 PM).pngScreenshot_20160926-155028.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cloud kills battery.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xbxfrk6, that is hugely abnormal for the Cloud to drain so quickly. When did this problem start? What model phone do you have?

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
xbxfrk6

It has been happening for at least a few weeks now. I have the Galaxy Note 5.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

xbxfrk6 no one wants to run out of power. Let's make sure you have all the power that you need. Has the phone had any changes lately, like a software update or new apps? Has the phone had any physical or liquid damage?

RosanneM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
youzer

I have the same issue.

A recent system update was coincidently applied when the problem began.

0 Likes
xbxfrk6

I have gone through standard operation and updating of phone. No damage to phone. Phone seems to be getting extremely hot, and often crawls to a standstill. The app is still draining battery like crazy.

0 Likes
NJ-Magicman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ran into this problem when I upgraded my Galaxy to the marshmallow OS.  Verizon put an upgrade out a couple weeks ago that seems to have fixed my problem.  Make sure you're using the latest version of the cloud app.  I think it is 16.4.something.something

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

youzer,

Help is here! I rely my battery lasting me most of the day, so let’s work together to get this fixed. What make & model phone do you have? Have you been able to check to see if the Verizon Cloud app is completely updated?

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

xbxfrk6 Thank you for the additional details. Device overheating and battery drainage are serious concerns. Let's get your phone functioning at its best. While it is normal for the Cloud to use a lot of power due to the fact it's syncing information and running  constantly in the background, it should not cause device overheating. When you mention the phone gets hot, is it too hot to touch? What happens if you forceclose and disable the application?

SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes
blahblah_gcgc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi

In my other posts, I added that I have found the culprit of this battery drain issue. The only difference is my battery drain is on "google play services" and NOT VZ cloud. I went ahead to disable the VZ cloud anyway. Since then, no more battery drain, my battery went back to normal which can last almost for 2 days. I think recent VZ cloud update added some bug(s).

Dear VZ Cusomer service, I know you guys didn't intend to add those bugs to your apps, but they are indeed causing people huge huge huge problem(s). I have disabled ALL VZ apps because of this. Also whats worse is, I talked to you rep, they actually talked me in to see if I want to buy a new phone. That makes me to believe if this is done intentionally so more people would upgrade their phones? This is unbelievable.

0 Likes