Cloud access after service disconnect
JASPAN54
Enthusiast - Level 1

verizonadmin

Dear Verizon,

I find it astonishing and sad to hear that we cannot access our cloud to retrieve our personal items and precious memories from the Verizon Cloud after disconnecting the service.  I have been a long-time customer of Verizon and I am appalled at the poor customer service and the insensitive direction that Verizon has taken to its departing customers.  Despite once being a loyal customer, I made the mistake of not retrieving my pictures/videos from my cloud before disconnecting my service.  Now I cannot access this account, and in fact I have been told by Verizon Customer Service that I need to port my old number back to Verizon, sign up for a new account, and pay a 30 dollar activation fee in order to retrieve my cloud content.

This is ridiculous and now I appreciate my decision of leaving the Verizon Family.  Furthermore, the moment I spoke with customer service about my termination of the account, the tone of all conversations went from happy and helpful to monotone and little can be done attitude.  I believe I have the right to access my content and retrieve my items before all my memories are wiped away from the system.  I paid all my bills on time, and as such this content belongs to me.

I look forward to your response, and please don't tell me that I have go through reactivation of my account via porting in number and paying additional fees again.

JP

Labels (1)
Re: Cloud access after service disconnect
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JASPAN54,

I would first like to say I am truly sorry to hear you have left the VZW family. It always breaks our heart to hear that you are no longer a VZW customer. I do apologize, unfortunately, once your services have been disconnected we will not longer being able to access your Verizon Cloud content.

Content can not longer be accessed once your services are disconnected as the Verizon Cloud is tied directly to your Verizon Wireless account. Without an account tied to the Verizon Cloud, there is no way to access the content. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you still have access to your device you can attempt to connect your device to your computer to download the content from the phone to regain some of the content that may have been stored on the Verizon Cloud.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JASPAN54
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your prompt yet typical political response. 

I guess I made the right decision to leave Verizon given the poor class of a customer service and customer sanctification you provide.  Remember, I paid for my service and therefore paid for my cloud.  It's funny how I can still access my verizon wireless account with my username and password without a mobile number attached to the service.  Regardless, all I can say to all that are viewing this, please remove your cloud content before disconnecting, be prepared for lousy customer service when mentioning termination of service, and finally #GetOutoftheRed.

JP

richs007
Verizon Employee

I can appreciate your frustration and disappointment in learning this after the fact.  It is my understanding that after you disconnect your service, your myverizon credentials you mention remain active for a period of time so that you can access historical information.  I don't think you can access any current Verizon service since you are not a current subscriber to verizon services as LindseyT_vzw pointed out.   From a technical perspective, since Verizon Cloud is tied to your mobile number and not your MyVerizon userid, when the mobile number is no longer active the cloud service doesn't know how to find your content.  While we could change that, current business rules are you must be an active verizonwireless post-paid customer to receive cloud services.

Your advice to remove content before disconnecting is a great suggestion for others considering other carriers.

mama23dogs
Legend

JASPAN54​  so it isn’t a surprise next time, when you leave ANY carrier, you terminate all services with that carrier, including cloud storage.    I don’t know how quickly your information is purged.   Returning within a short time and getting your previous service back might include your cloud.  As a former customer you're kind of nervy to even complain.  I mean, I moved out of my house and didn’t ask if I could leave stuff in the attic and come and get it at my leisure. 

Mztapp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I find it completely absurd that Verizon holds our precious memories hostage until we pay and reactivate! @verizonwireless give the Verizon family (the customers) their cloud content back. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mztapp, I am sorry for any frustration and to learn about the issue with your cloud access not continuing after you disconnected your service. It is sad that we lost you as a valued customer, as we appreciated your business. However, the Verizon Cloud is a service that is with active lines with our service. This allows the user to set up the Verizon Cloud to back up their media and other information.

Did you back up your media content elsewhere? What is the make and model of your device? Please share some of these details if there's a way to recover your media because of you backing up your valuable data.

EdwinW_VZW

TOTALLYTABBY
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried several times to back my cloud up but for some sketchy reason it wouldn’t back up. When my husband did it also it did not place any of the photos in the back up folder. So now I was with Verizon 35 plus years and all is lost. My month was paid the service month wasn’t up. So who are you to disconnect what is still paid for? Where’s the refund for the rest then? It should have carried over until then. I did back it up. You make impossible. If you had of given  incentives to us instead of new clients after years of staying with you we would NEVER have left. The up plan is a joke. I don’t like turning in my old device. I liked getting a credit and discounts each new service you went to attracting new and forgetting old. I’ll take the hit. You need to listen to what we say though. It is what the majority is complaining about you Verizon. You bring them in but lose them fast. T POPPE 

0 Likes
Where's my cloud
Millermanbrian

My question is.......ive never left Verizon.   To my surprise one day I needed some pictures of a family member (who has deceased) log into my cloud account and it didn't take me to a list of pictures like always,  but to cloud prices and options for me.   I'm to mad right now to call because I will go off.   But somewhere along the line it poooof disappeared.  I'm sure it will be blamed on changes to my data plan,  or the new phone added and someone forgot to keep the cloud.   I will call and I hope somewhere in that computer bank Verizon still has my pics.  

0 Likes
teeshot
Contributor - Level 1

I had the same thing happen with another service a few years ago.  I can assure you that Verizon is not the only company that handles things in this matter.  Disconinue their service and you are also discontinuing anything they were furnishing you or you were paying for.  Remember, it's a way all companies use to keep you tied to them and not move elsewhere.  The more you have with them, the less likely you are to go elsewhere is what the theory is.

Sorry I can't recommend how to get things back from Verizon Cloud unless they were also on your pc. I now make sure I have two automatic backups of everything, and they are on a local pc or one of the many "Cloud" services out there that work over multiple devices and services.  Many of them are no charge for some accounts depending on what you need.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket as the old saying goes.