Cloud Storage
vknapp308

Hello,

I received a text that my cloud storage was going to expire this week. I need more time, how do I extend this?

0 Likes
Re: Cloud Storage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello vknapp308! That's a great question. We know it's vital to backup all your information. Please keep in mind that when you get this message is because you are not using the service or don't have a paid option. Have you had a chance to review your Verizon Cloud and find out if you have anything there? If you're using an iPhone, you might be using iCloud. 

You can extend the time, however, you'll need to add the paid Cloud service. Does this help? 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
vknapp308

I had the 25 Gig Storage with no expiration but switched plans, so now I don't know what happens, do I get charged for monthly storage, do I need to hurry up and download my content to backup device?

0 Likes
vknapp308

I had a plan for 25 gig storage, and it didnt expire but I switched plans. I dont have it full, but there is content on there I dont want to be deleted. Do I apply a paid option at this point?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good Question, Vknapp308. The way to get a paid option with cloud feature is by contacting telesales and trying to see if you could use your current number in a post paid account. They can be reached at

800-256-4646 . However, you said you know the content is there. Did you access your cloud to confirm the still there this week? 

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

@vknapp308 @vzw_customer_support  - I don't think contacting telesales is going to help.  A lot depends on the type of customer they are and what happened to their 25GB storage Iand if we're talking about Verizon Cloud storage or some other storage).

Scenario 1 - Postpaid to prepaid

Switching from a postpaid to prepaid plan will terminate your postpaid cloud account.  You should be able to contact prepaid support to have them sign you up for the paid cloud service and restore your archived content to that new cloud account (it will be 500GB of storage) as long as the switch happened within the last 30 days

Scenario 2 - Postpaid plan to a different postpaid plan

When you switched, it should have kept your 25GB cloud account on the new plan unless you went to one of the plans that has 500GB of cloud included.  I think in that case it should have simply upgraded you to the 500GB service.  There are a couple different ways that service upgrad could have happened so the best way to figure out this scenario is to call postpaid support and have them look at your cloud feature to figure out how it changed and how best to unravel it.

Once you sort through what happened and get you going again, the first thing you should do is go into the cloud app, go to settings and update your cloud profile with an email address so we can contact you should your cloud feature ever 'drop off' your account to get it back on there again. If you had that done previously, then you should have received an email that the cloud service was removed with instructions for getting it back.

0 Likes