Can I access my Cloud photos without upgrading?
JOAWAL47

I did not realize if I didn't upgrade on the Verizon Cloud that all my precious photos would be deleted. Can I still access them, even if I have to pay?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I access my Cloud photos without upgrading?
richs007
Verizon Employee

If the cloud service was removed from your phone line, you will not be able to access your photos or other media.  If the service was removed within the last 30 days, you can contact support to have them put the paid service on your account and they will also be able to restore the content from archive status.  Whenever the cloud service is removed from your phone line, the content goes into 'cold storage' for a period of time as a safety net in case it was an unintentional delete.  During that cold storage, customer support can retrieve it for you as long as the cloud service is still on your line.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Today my photos in the cloud were removed. I did not want to upgrade, but did not realize all my precious photos would be deleted. Can i access them?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Here is what the email I received about my 'Free Verizon Cloud ending soon' said.  I logged into My Verizon and took care of my photos/content as specified.  Maybe we'll find out if removed content is recoverable.  Did you look in the Cloud Trash?

Your Free Verizon Cloud service will expire on December 22, 2017. To avoid losing your media content, upgrade to a Verizon Cloud Premium option.

If you choose NOT to upgrade, you will still be able to back up and store your contacts, but your stored media content will be removed from the cloud. For instructions on how to download content from your cloud so you don’t lose it, access the Verizon Cloud FAQs here.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Today my photos in the cloud were removed. I did not want to upgrade, but did not realize all my precious photos would be deleted. Can i access them?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jav6,
Making sure you do not lose your Verizon Cloud content is a priority. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate the details. Have you already upgraded to the Premium Verizon cloud feature? If not, please follow this link to do so http://vz.to/2j8tY8r. If you were not interested with upgrading to our premium feature you will have until the date stated in your email to be able to remove and store your cloud content with a different type of back up assistance of your choosing. If you need assitance on how to move your cloud content, please provide the make/model of your device for proper step by step instructions.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

SylviaT_VZW,

Please respond to JOAWAL47 and the original question.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Brittlsmith5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. I opened my cloud app and I can’t even access my photos at all. How can I save them since I don’t want to upgrade if I can’t even access them?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help get you pointed in the right direction and ensure your information is safe, JOAWAL47! Do you still happen to have the original notification about the Cloud being updated? If so, this will have the deadline listed for your specific account. As far as keeping the information, here is a handy site that will instruct how your information can be saved to your computer: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/ Please be sure to review item number 10 under “Using Verizon Cloud”.

ChrisM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

If the cloud service was removed from your phone line, you will not be able to access your photos or other media.  If the service was removed within the last 30 days, you can contact support to have them put the paid service on your account and they will also be able to restore the content from archive status.  Whenever the cloud service is removed from your phone line, the content goes into 'cold storage' for a period of time as a safety net in case it was an unintentional delete.  During that cold storage, customer support can retrieve it for you as long as the cloud service is still on your line.

0 Likes