cruddy signal strength 14433
Japrat63
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone else frustrated by Verizon signal strength? I live in upstate NY between 2 major cities, near the Thruway. 6weeks ago, signal strength started dipping into 3G, progessively getting worse. Lucky to now get ONE bar of 4G. IS THIS REALLY WORTH THE $100+ VERIZON CHARGES? UNLIMITED DATA MY BUTT!

Labels (1)
Re: cruddy signal strength 14433
VentureJim1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had cruddy signal strength since Feb.  I live 7 miles out of Sebring, FL in an area with few towers..

I get my signal thru a VZ "partner" tower...  In March it was hit or miss, Download anywhere from 8 mbps down to less than 1 mbps...Took my Jetpack 7730 out to the backyard and found my best signal coming from the NW...  3 bars... In my computer room, got 1 to 2 bars of signal w mostly 1 bar...   On advice of "SUPPORT", I purchased a booster for $90 and then found out that Verizon can "lend" a booster to good customers in "problem areas"....  Also, apparently a new large building in between you and your local tower can block your signal...   I keep a log of my Test Speeds on a daily basis...

0 Likes
Re: cruddy signal strength 14433
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having slow data speeds is never ideal, VentureJim1. I am happy to assist. What is the zip code and the nearest intersection of the trouble area? Also, are there any other users with the same issue? GregL_VZW

0 Likes