Slow Internet on T1114
joshhuff1

I have the Novatel T1114 router and it runs extremely slow. I live in rural central Illinois but am very close to a tower. I have 4 bars of signal, RSRP is -67dBm, and RSRQ is -10 so signal is not the problem. I have done a speed check on numerous device both wirelessly and through LAN. All come back with roughly .5mbps down and .8mbps up. I feel like this is unacceptable for the amount of money I pay unlimited plan. My phone runs at 4G speeds and it's hotspot is also capable of 4G when in my house. Can someone tell me why this device is not capable of atleast reasonable speeds?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow Internet on T1114
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you used your 10 GB of LTE high speed hotspot data and therefore are slowed down to 3G speeds for the remainder of the billing cycle?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
joshhuff1

I was told when I purchased this device that it would have the 22gb limit just like the phones before being moved down to 3G. It has it's own line and I pay a full line price for it each month. That would really suck if it only has 10Gb of 4G seeing how I wanted to avoid that and asked the manager the specific question about the 22Gb.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

joshhuff1,

You should always be receiving the correct information the first time. We apologize if you did not receive that. On the Unlimited Plan, any internet devices will receive 10GB of 4G/LTE data and then start receiveing 3G speeds once the 10GBs is reached. Internet devices include: mobile hotspots, jetpacks, tablets,

ChristinaM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The rep was misinformed. The function of the device is to create a hotspot or tether other devices to it. That qualifies it for the hotspot data restrictions of 10 GB per billing cycle. Do I think it is misleading, yes. Will Verizon Wireless change it, I doubt it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
joshhuff1

Thanks for correcting the misinformation I was given. I now wonder why am I paying for a device with unlimited data that cannot reach the 22gb of 4G data? There is no possible way to use this device other than to tether. Shouldn't this device be half the price for half the device? I know Verizon loves to trick people into new contracts with misinformation because this is not the first time it happened to me. I got taken off of the original Verizon unlimited plan due to the wrong information being given.

0 Likes
An0nim0us

They did the same thing with mine. I specifically asked the rep if it is on its own line does it borrow from my other lines 22GB before throttling. He said no it has its own 22GB limit. I am with you it is completly useless for a hotspot. I got mine to ditch the cable and stream and i can maybe get 2 days of fuzzy videos and laggy movies. Ive done the speedtests almost every week and even at the start of data usage it is slower than my phones. Completely useless!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you are having trouble with your data. Reliable service is a must and we are here to help. When did the trouble start and do you know if other users in the area have the same trouble?

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes