Re: Router randomly loses 4g connection throughout the day
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

That pretty much seals the deal.  He doesn't seem to be able to remain connected to the VZW tower(s).  VZW should be interested in swapping your device with another at this point.  The same problem with multiple devices would suggest a hardware limitation that would likely have to be corrected with a different model or VZW device.

If you are working directly with a VZW support person then be sure to collect any logs that you can find from the VZW 4G LTE router and share them.  This combined with your site survey info should be all they need to swap the device and try something else.

0 Likes
willfire67

that's what I was thinking all along. yep, one would think they would

0 Likes
willfire67

wait, why would being on the same page for some time cause a router to lock up and stop responding??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

willfire67,

Let's keep moving forward and dig a little deeper into this issues. Please respond to the email I have sent.
DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jreding01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having this problem, with the 4G signal dropping out.,  the signal will be fairly strong -85 to -86 dBm , but the downloads and uploads are slow 3 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up.  I have a 700 MHz 9 dB gain yagi pointed to the northwest (Verizon tower location). my Iphone 5 does better than that at 9 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.

It seem like since the T1114 received its firmware 'upgrade' this has been an issue,  this is my third T1114 router now.

First one, failed to restart after its firmware upgrade.

Second one, arrived with a 'retired SIM".

Third, the one I have now has worked since April fine and it received its firmware 'upgrade' but it seems the new firmware interprets the LTE signal differently- always has been in the same physical location but with only two 'bars' of LTE signal strength.

Oh. and the data usage tab on the device webpage and on the router stopped displaying data usage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to offering you the reliable service you deserve no matter the device. May I ask how the 3rd party external antenna is being connected? Have you tested the connection recently without the antenna? Can you provide the current firmware version on the device via verizonbrv site in a web browser?

YaleK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jreding01
Enthusiast - Level 2

It  doesn't seem to matter if the antenna is connected or not or if I am using a wired connection or WIFI...it just doesn't work!  please escalate to get a replacement.  by the way here is the firmware file data:

Joh Reding

Current Software

Current software version: 

5.0 (L1.235.6 M9x15TAS-50.19 1 [2015-10-05 11:02:00]) 

Checked for update: 

Never 

Update available: 

Your device is up to date. No update is necessary at this time.

Last Update

Source: 

Verizon Wireless 

Vendor: 

Novatel Wireless Inc

Type: 

Mandatory 

Name: 

T1114_4.37.7-1.92.8.6.2_to_50.19-1.235.6_Real 

Package: 

9x15TAS-50.19-1.235.6 

Description: 

T1114 

Size: 

16.7 MB 

Date: 

04/19/2016 4:01:48 PM 

Success 

Update History

DateNamePackageStatus
04/19/2016 4:01:48 PMT1114_4.37.7-1.92.8.6.2_to_50.19-1.235.6_Real9x15TAS-50.19-1.235.6Success

Novatel Wireless  MiFi

Powered 

Copyright ©2015. Novatel Wireless, Inc. All rights reserved. Novatel Wireless, Ovation T1114 and MiFi are either trademarks or registered trademarks Novatel Wireless, Inc. 

0 Likes
jreding01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think this router might be a piece of junk.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to get a good signal and fast service, jreding01. After all trouble shooting has been done we can certainly look into replacement options for you. Since experiencing this issue have you performed a master reset on the device? Here is a link to help with that process http://vz.to/21mHkID

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
jreding01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry If I seem inpatient, but I have been through all of these troubleshooting procedures many times...I have done many many 'master resets'   I have moved the device. I tried about every idea you can think of with this thing.  either it is the network tower in my area or it is the device.

Please order a replacement.

0 Likes