Re: New unlimited plan effect on HomeFusion Broadband
rcschnoor
Legend

It just so happens the statement you have posted is contrary to MANY other reps "who have put it in writing", one example which is listed below:

Re: New Unlimited plan concerning Data only devices

AND the unlimited plan faq listed on this website:

"What happens once I've used the 10 GB limit for Mobile Hotspot?

With the new Verizon Plan Unlimited, you get a 10 GB allowance of high-speed 4G LTE data for Mobile Hotspot each billing cycle. Once you've used the 10 GB of 4G LTE data, your Mobile Hotspot data speed will be reduced to 3G speed for the rest of the billing cycle. Data will continue to be unlimited while your Mobile Hotspot is reduced to 3G speed."

0 Likes
nancyh128
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have LTE installed connected to a cantenna on my roof. My device is a 4G data only device. The Verizon website says it cannot be used on the 3G network. It is on my new unlimited plan. I have exceeded 10GB and expect that if I hit 22GB on this line, it will be subject to potential priortization. I experienced no change at 10GB and I presume it is because my LTE Installed device is 4G only, unlike mobile hotspots.  I think people with different devices may be getting answers that appear contradictory  but are really just specific to their type of device.

rcschnoor
Legend

nancyh128 wrote:

I have LTE installed connected to a cantenna on my roof. My device is a 4G data only device. The Verizon website says it cannot be used on the 3G network.

Except Verizon does not say that data use will be relegated to the "3G network", just that the speed of that data use will be reduced to "3G speeds". Data use on the 4G network CAN be slowed down to 3G speeds and STILL be carried over the 4G network.

However, when unlimited was introduced again I was stating the unlimited faq mentioned "mobile hotspots" being slowed to 3G speeds. I argued that LTE Installed could in no way be considered "mobile" and therefore did not fall into that category. Good to hear that your speeds have not been slowed down after exceeding 10 GB. That could be good news if it turns out to be the case.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
cdtierce

is the installed LTE (home fusion) a $20 per line access fee or still the higher fee for the installed LTE pricing?

0 Likes
nancyh128
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is a $20 line access fee.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Allow me to answer this question for you and clear any pricing concerns for the installed LTE. Please review number 2 at this link: LTE Internet (Installed) FAQs | Verizon Wireless

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAMLOD58

I am in a similar situation, in that I have been for several years using a MiFi router for my home Internet since I am not able to get cable.  In addition I have two iPhones On my plan.  Most of my data usage goes through my MiFi router.    I was on a 30 GB plan which cost me somewhere around $250/month when everything was tallied up. When the new unlimited data plan came out in February I explored it thoroughly. I had a long chat with the Verizon rep and specifically asked if there was any 4G speed data cap for the MiFi router. I did not want to sign up for a plan that reduced the speed at 10 GB. I felt I could probably live with a reduced speed of 22 GB as advertised.    The rep reassured me in writing that the only 10 GB 4G speed cap would be applied to each iPhone.  I have the printed transcript of that chat.   So I signed up, realizing a very significant savings.

However, when I reached 10 GB on my MiFi router yesterday , I received a text message from Verizon that my speed would be slowed to 3G speeds.  This directly contradicted what I was told by the Verizon rep in February. I was quite angry and felt this was a fraudulent bait and switch.  I contacted Verizon again and chatted with a rep for an hour and a half and got nowhere.  She was cordial, but was limited in what she could do by her system. It was quite disturbing that she stated she could not even give communicate with anybody other than her direction supervisor, and that her direct supervisor could not communicate higher up the chain of command.  She offered me a one time $30 credit for my time and frustration, which I accepted, however I let her clearly know that I did not feel this resolved the issue and that I would file an FCC complaint regarding fraud, which I did.

I then did some research and found that Verizon has a webpagecall their leadership webpage. www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios which includes photos, bios, and contact information for most of their executives.   I sent an email to Kenneth Dixon, Senior VP and Group President, Consumer Sales and Service twith a description of my experience.    I received a call last night from one of his staff members, Sherene, who was very cordial and stated that she understood my concerns, but that I was given incorrect information by the representative in February. She stated that there is nothing that they could do to change the situation other than guide me to a different plan.  She stated that the 4G 10 GB speed cap applies only to the MiFi router and not to the iPhones, and that the iPhone tethering is capped at 22 GB, which I think is also incorrect.    She gave me her direct line so that I could call her back if I wanted to. Although I was satisfied with the way she dealt with me, I am still not satisfied with the outcome.  I told her that I had filed a fraud complaint against Verizon with the FCC, and that I was going to explore other options available to me for high-speed Internet and cellular service.

Today I received an email from the FCC stating that they had forwarded my complaint on to Verizon.

0 Likes
Grumpy67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the same boat.
Live where no cable is available, and signed up for HomeFusion, w/home phone and 2 cell phones in 2013. Was paying upward of 350 per month total and still using up the data.
Talked with Verizon rep when new plan became available, so February? Asked about caps on the plan or slowdowns and was assured there were none.

Now I get an e-mail stating that they will slow my speed to 3G after 10G combined for the 4 devices. We are dependent on our connection for work and will be severely hampered  by this.

What they did is bait and switch! I hope Comcast and Google rolls out their networks soon. As of now, actively looking for a new carrier.

Complaining to the FCC was a great idea. I might just do that too.

JAMLOD58

Anyone who experienced this bait and switch should report it to FCC. It is easy to do online, and an FCC rep replied within 2-3 hours.  They need to hear that this was not just a case of one untrained Verizon agent. Verizon must have some fear of the FCC because Verizon responded to me about my FCC  complaint in less than 24 hours.

The Verizon representative for the VP I complained to is named Sherene and her direct number is [Removed] extension [Removed] . She needs to hear from more than one person about this because she expressed that she believes that this was an isolated incident.

J LoDolce

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Grumpy67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should. As I have it officially and in writing from them.

Best Regards

Nina

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes