How can I reduce data use when using a router for wi-fi?
DoubleEagle20

I purchased the 4G LTE Router because I saw that it is WiFi enabled. However, we are a typical family who uses about 1+ GB of WiFi data in a single day. Mathematically we would need 30+ GB of data in a single month. That's insane, of course.

Does anybody actually use the router for WiFi? And if so, how do you manage to keep your WiFi data usage down?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anyone Have a Solution for Using the Router as WiFi?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is quite the bit of data usage, DoubleEagle20. I have helped lots of customers with the 4G LTE Broadband Router who use it as their only source of WiFi internet. Turning off automatic updates to any devices that you plan to connect to the device is the first step I recommend to conserve your data. If you're using it with any laptops or desktops, making sure you have a good malware program installed is also a good way to make sure your device is running smoothly and as little as possible runs in the background that you don't know about. Our More Everything plans offer packages up to 50GB to help even big data users enjoy the router. Visit www.vzw.com/more to check out your plan options.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Anyone Have a Solution for Using the Router as WiFi?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is quite the bit of data usage, DoubleEagle20. I have helped lots of customers with the 4G LTE Broadband Router who use it as their only source of WiFi internet. Turning off automatic updates to any devices that you plan to connect to the device is the first step I recommend to conserve your data. If you're using it with any laptops or desktops, making sure you have a good malware program installed is also a good way to make sure your device is running smoothly and as little as possible runs in the background that you don't know about. Our More Everything plans offer packages up to 50GB to help even big data users enjoy the router. Visit www.vzw.com/more to check out your plan options.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes