cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Con protección móvil total, ¿cuál es la diferencia entre defecto de fabricación y daño?

Ernie_D1
Miembro

Mi iPhone 5s muestra el error 2001 y no se enciende, aparece el logotipo blanco de Apple. iTunes reconoce mi teléfono pero muestra una pantalla negra.

Under Defecto de fabricación it says it can be replaced at no cost if i owned it for more than a year.

Under Lost, Stolen or Damaged it says i need to file a claim with Asurion.

Just wondering what my problem falls under. I'm passed my two year contract so its not worth it to file a claim with the $199 deductible.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Difference between Manufacturing Defect and Damaged with Total Mobile Protection.

Community Manager
Community Manager

This is a great question and we're always happy to offer support. To clarify, if the issue is a manufacturing defect it can only be replaced at no cost within 2 years of purchased if having Total Mobile Protection. After that point in time, any claims regardless of problem type will have to be processed via insurance. Let us know if this information helps.
KKleoLVZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

Re: Difference between Manufacturing Defect and Damaged with Total Mobile Protection.

dexman

To me, "damaged" would encompass events such as dropping the phone, accidentally running it through the washing machine etc.

Manufacturing defect would be a problem that develops on it's own.

The Asurion document aka the "fine print" might clarify things a bit clearer than my broad brush description.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

This is a great question and we're always happy to offer support. To clarify, if the issue is a manufacturing defect it can only be replaced at no cost within 2 years of purchased if having Total Mobile Protection. After that point in time, any claims regardless of problem type will have to be processed via insurance. Let us know if this information helps.
KKleoLVZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

Ernie_D1
Miembro

Thanks, So my understanding is Protección Total Móvil extends the warrenty for 1 year after the usual 1 year hardware warranty totaling 2 years. (no cost for manufacturing defect)

After that you have to use the insurance to get a replacement. (pay deductible)

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Salisbury

Ernie.D, this is what the Total Mobile Protection policy reads. Exclusions - The insurance does not apply to loss or damage identified in any of the following or directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from any of the following.

Failure of Covered Property to operate due to faulty part or workmanship or normal wear and tear when operated according to manufacturer's instructions. Based on that you're probably not covered.

But everything written in the policy is to protect them anyway including water liquid damage which they supposedly cover.

File a claim just to see if they may cover the iPhone 5s. Hopefully you post back with the results.

0 Me gusta