cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Re: Asurion Insurance

Miembro

This is exactly, EXACTLY what happened to me.  This Asurion insurance is a complete scam.  In my case, they refused to consider that the cracked glass could be replaced.  They insisted that I needed to pay them $199 to replace the phone. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

@reglob wrote:

This is exactly, EXACTLY what happened to me.  This Asurion insurance is a complete scam.  In my case, they refused to consider that the cracked glass could be replaced.  They insisted that I needed to pay them $199 to replace the phone. 

Insurance is a for profit business.  They cannot fix your phone if they don't have the parts.  
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/file-a-claim-faqs/

725DF465-EF04-4196-AE56-196C0A4FF507.jpeg

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

reglob, we truly apologize to hear about your experience with filing a claim on your device. Making sure you receive accurate details about the claim process is always important. When you file a screen replacement claim, your device will need to meet the proper qualifications to receive a screen replacement and this will based on the extent of the damage. If you file a claim to replace the entire device, a deductible will be due. Please follow http://spr.ly/66031U6yJ this link to review more details.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I spoke with a live person from Asurion claim support.  She said that since the broken glass rendered a portion of the screen to operate improperly (under the broken part of the glass), that replacing the glass would not be an option and the phone needed to be replaced.  With all due respect, when the glass on your phone breaks, there is going to be a portion of your screen that does not operate properly.  The only time the touchscreen *might* continue to operate properly is if the crack is so simple as to not interfere with your touch.  This is almost never the case.  I recognize that Asurion will say that this falls under the section of your contract that describes this as a post-warranty defect.  However, Asurion is misleading the consumer because they are not more forthcoming that glass replacement will not be allowed because they have determined that it is considered a post-warranty defect because part of the screen doesn't operate properly after the glass is broken.  This is misleading and Asurion knows it.  It's just an easy way to secure the maximum amount of money from the consumer. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

@reglob wrote:

I spoke with a live person from Asurion claim support.  She said that since the broken glass rendered a portion of the screen to operate improperly (under the broken part of the glass), that replacing the glass would not be an option and the phone needed to be replaced.  With all due respect, when the glass on your phone breaks, there is going to be a portion of your screen that does not operate properly.  The only time the touchscreen *might* continue to operate properly is if the crack is so simple as to not interfere with your touch.  This is almost never the case.  I recognize that Asurion will say that this falls under the section of your contract that describes this as a post-warranty defect.  However, Asurion is misleading the consumer because they are not more forthcoming that glass replacement will not be allowed because they have determined that it is considered a post-warranty defect because part of the screen doesn't operate properly after the glass is broken.  This is misleading and Asurion knows it.  It's just an easy way to secure the maximum amount of money from the consumer. 

Might help if you understood how your phone was built. There is a difference between replacing just the glass screen, and replacing the screen and digitizer that operates the screen.  I am not the least bit surprised that the person that you spoke to has no idea how to describe what is wrong with your phone.  They aren't a repair person.

Broken Screen/Digitizer: Fixing a broken screen can be simple and cheap or extremely expensive depending on how it's built and how much damage has been done to it.
It may have to be disassembled to tell.  In some cases, the glass and digitizer (the layer which translates taps into input) may be fused together which makes a replacement unit very expensive. If they are not, however, you can buy a replacement screen fairly cheap.

It sounds as though you have damaged both the digitizer and cracked the screen, or they are fused and you cannot replace one without the other. In this case the full insurance deductible would be charged because this is not just replacing the screen glass at the discounted rate.  

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

As a customer myself, I can understand how this situation would be frustrating.  We appreciate your feedback regarding the policy and your circumstances.  While we are not able to change the current Asurion policy, we want to make sure we are doing everything we can to help.  Is there anything else that we can assist you with today?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes