cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Is Total Mobile Protection being added to all phone bills without permission?

earthtoravi
Miembro

New bill includes $11 for Total Mobile Protection, which I never signed up for.  Anyone else have this tacked on?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Re: Is Total Mobile Protection being added to all phone bills without permission?

lukevinyl

No, it is not being added to all bills without permission....

If you didn't request this, I would assume it was accidentally added (as this can certainly happen) and simply remove it.

Problem solved, disaster averted.....

Re: Is Total Mobile Protection being added to all phone bills without permission?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Para cancelar tu protección de equipo o cualquier seguro que tengas actualmente:

Ve a la página Productos y aplicaciones en Mi Verizon.

Click the Manage Your Products tab at the top of the page.

Si tienes varias líneas en tu cuenta, selecciona la línea con el seguro que deseas eliminar.

Scroll to find the product you wish to remove, and then click Remove from Account.

Review the changes and bill impacts on the confirmation pop-up, and then click Remove Product to confirm the transaction.

0 Me gusta

Celluser3
Miembro

It sure is being added without permission.  Sales people are told to add it regardless.  It's a deceptive practice and with all the comments from people, including myself, that did not ask for it, shows it's being done on purpose.  I even told the salesperson not to add anything because Verizon has added items to my bill *several times* before without my permission.  Also, the salesperson had to check a box so it was no accident.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Total Mobile Protection should never be added to a Device payment agreement unless requested by the customer, or if already present on the current device. Verizon never instructs our Representative to add  insurance without a customer's consent, as that goes against company policy, and is directly in opposition to our Core Beliefs. We are 100% transparent and it's imperative that our customers know exactly what they are getting for their money, including what they consent and agree to when signing the Device payment agreement. If a customer finds that the Total Mobile Protection has been added without consent, we encourage him/her to reach out to the store to report the incident. We will never endorse or condone deceptive practices, and that Representative's actions will be handled internally.  TinaN_VZW

0 Me gusta

roboro
Miembro

Same thing just happend to us.  In fact, we were asked if we wanted it and said no.   I just got my bill and noticed it was added.   This is the second phone over the last year we upgraded and had it added after saying no.  Unacceptable, I am surprised no one has started a class action lawsuit over this practice.    

0 Me gusta

mervin0587
Miembro

Mine was actually removed the same month and day that I upgraded to a new device.  I assumed since I already had insurance that my ugraded device would be covered, but, apparently i was suppose to have told them to add it when i upgraded, even though i alraedy had device protection.  Fortunately i didn't need it, it's just all along for 18-months i thought i had it.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

So it’s a good idea to read our bills.  Check!

You all might look at where you’re doing the upgrade.  Authorized retailers may have more insentive to “pad the sale”.  

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

mervin0587, we would have been just as surprised as you if we found out insurance was not active on our new device. Protecting your investment is vital, especially since our phones are our lifelines. It’s hard to imagine being without it for days. With our Total Mobile Protection, your device is protected from loss, theft, physical and water damage and post-warranty defects (https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/total-mobile-protection/). Is this something you would want to add now?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

@Celluser3 wrote:

Also, the salesperson had to check a box so it was no accident.

Possibly you are not aware there is ALSO a box to check if you want to decline the insurance, so you are saying there is no possibility the salesperson checked the "wrong" box, because a box MUST be checked whether you take the insurance or decline it?

In my past experience with purchasing phones from Verizon, NOT ONCE was insurance "accidentally" added to my account on the phone I purchased. It was also not "purposely" added after which I had to go in and cancel the insurance.

In my opinion, it would seem if this were a "widespread" problem with people having insurance added(or failing to have it added), either "purposely" or "accidentally", there would be MANY more posts on these forums making this complaint. Verizon has around 150 million customers. If 10,000 people had this "mistake" made on their account, that would mean only 6 one thousandths of 1 percent(one out of every 15,000 customers) of customers having this problem, not even close to being "widespread". On the contrary, if there were 10,000 instances of this "mistake" being made, there would be a LANDSLIDE of posts on this subject on these forums. To put this in perspective, a salesman would have to make this "mistake" ONCE for every 15,000 transactions to get that percentage of mistakes. If someone were to "mistakenly" check the wrong box THAT often, I would think they have a pretty good record. On the other hand, I think there is a MUCH higher percentage of people who do not check their wireless bill on a monthly basis, EVEN for the month after making a phone purchase, than the number of people who actually have this "mistake" happen to them. This would mean the "mistake" would continue to go on for many months, if not indefinitely, making the victim of the mistake feel as if the mistake were even greater. UNFORTUNATELY, it is only the victim's fault if they fail to check their bill either monthly or even on an occasional basis, especially after making an additional transaction such as a phone purchase. Verizon can't FORCE you to check you bill, that responsibility falls on the customer. Verizon has a policy where you have 6 months to dispute a charge, so if the customer fails to notice this charge on their bill for 6 months it is unlikely they have looked at their bill in that amount of time.

As has been stated earlier in this thread, CHECK your bill if ONLY after you make an unusual transaction such as a phone purchase. You only have yourself to blame if you don't do so. If you catch the "mistake" after the first instance of the insurance charge on your bill, you could have the charge reversed and credited back to your account.