cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Does my Total Mobile Protection cover LCD screen damage?

Miembro

Hi, today this morning, I accidentally dropped my Note 5. It was barely 1 feet high and there was no physical damage. However, when I turned it on, the screen would not respond and there were black lines displayed on it. After I kept turning it on and off, it got worse. Now I have a unusable phone. Will my phone insurance cover it and will I only have to pay a $99 deductible fee? Or will no warranty or insurance cover this? I heard that replacements are only available for damage that was not caused by the user. In this case, it would be my fault wouldn't it? I don't want to have to pay $200 to repair it. PLEASE just tell me if I am eligible for a replacement with my insurance or if there are any cheaper options.

Thank You.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Does my Total Mobile Protection cover LCD screen damage?

Líder Sénior

Total mobile protection covers a cracked screen.  It is going to be $199 to get a refurbished replacement.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Expert

Insurance should cover a damaged screen. Warranty won't.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Miembro

Oh okay so if I have the Total Mobile Protection for my device, will that cover it? And I only need to pay the $99 fee right?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

You'll need to read the paperwork for the insurance. I never pay for it so I only understand the basics of when it could be an insurance claim.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Total mobile protection covers a cracked screen.  It is going to be $199 to get a refurbished replacement.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Miembro

Not $99?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Different phone models might have different deductible amounts.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

$199. I looked up your particular model in Asurion's documentation. It is $199

Highlighted

Check with Asurion the vendor as they offer a product in some markets I read where they team up with the local ifix it place to repair the screen for much less. Not sure which markets. But Asurion will give you the details. PhoneClaim.com/Verizon

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you Ann154, for your input on everything.

ashley31836,
I'm sorry to hear that your screen is damaged. This isn't the experience we ever want to hear about. I'm happy to see that you do have insurance! With the total mobile protection, you will be able to file a claim with Asurion. Please see this link http://vz.to/2gqy4oB for all the information that you need.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes