cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Asurion Not Replacing Screen due to Phone Color

bld23
Miembro

Paying for insurance through Verizon/Asurion has been a joke. I was told today that Asurion can not fix my screen because I bought my phone at Best Buy and therefore my color phone can't get a screen repair. BUT I can pay $200 to replace my phone even though I owe that same amount to pay my phone off. It's ridiculous!! Do NOT pay for insurance through Verizon if you buy any phone from any store besides a Verizon store!!!!

Etiquetas (3)
0 Me gusta

Re: Asurion Not Replacing Screen due to Phone Color

glitchedpixel

Verizon has nothing to do with Asurion. All carriers use them for coverage, but they are their own business.

0 Me gusta

bld23
Miembro

They may be their own business but the Asurion supervisor told me today that my screen can not be fixed specifically due to Verizon not carrying the color of phone I have. 

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

You may get the same screen at a lower price if you shop around a bit. Best Buy replaces screens; and ther may be other vendors in your area. 

ConradC_VZW

0 Me gusta

jackiet33
Miembro

I am dealing with the same problem! I am due for a new phone right now. I will not be investing in an expensive phone that I can't get covered because of it. I do hear though that Apple Care is a great service and they actually honor their pricing and have much better customer service.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

@CURT979 escribió:

I was specifically told the deductible for screen repair is 30 dollars and could be performed at a local ubreakifix repair shop when I signed up for the insurance.  I have an IphoneXR with a cracked screen.  I was told today by Asurion they don't have the parts to repair my screen and must pay 199 for a refurbished phone because they aren't offering screen replacement at this time.  What's the point of insurance if you aren't going to honor the services and pricing we are told when we purchase the insurance and you recommend going elsewhere to have the repairs performed?

So it's NOT color, they don't have the screen.  Maybe you not misrepresent?

The screens on the XR are all the same, and if your phone is covered on your Verizon line, it doesn't matter where you bought it.  So that's garbage.  

BTW, I have seen several posts with the exact same phone, same complaint.  One just today. 

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior
0 Me gusta

Asurion_Official
Verified Partner

Unfortunately, the screen repair is not guaranteed to be available. It is based on your enrollment zip code, the make/model of your device, availability of parts and technicians. The insurance premium you pay for monthly is to receive a replacement device, the screen repair is an added inclusion at no additional cost to the monthly premium.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

@Asurion_Official escribió:

Unfortunately, the screen repair is not guaranteed to be available. It is based on your enrollment zip code, the make/model of your device, availability of parts and technicians. The insurance premium you pay for monthly is to receive a replacement device, the screen repair is an added inclusion at no additional cost to the monthly premium.

There seems to be a wide spread problem with the XR.  AT&T customers are posting the same problem.  Yes if the same customers take their XR directly to Apple, and pay full price for the replacement they are getting their screens replaced. 

It seems to me that there is a part supply problem and Apple is bogarting the supply.  Asurion might want to look into this because it's starting to smell like fraud on Apple's side.

0 Me gusta