cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

how do i make these constant notifications go away?

Not applicable

i had had a problem with text messaging, and had left a post, and had followed the general discussion. now i can't stop the constant email notifications from coming. i've been to the preferences, turned off everything i can find, i'm following nothing and no one, and yet they keep coming. make them go away please. i've even posted to the messaging section where i first left my question, and the responses say turn it off in preferences, which i've done. nothing works. i find this REALLY irritating...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: how do i make these constant notifications go away?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi zigzag03!

The last thing we want to do is upset one of our customers! This is especially true since you posted to our forums for help. Your post seems that your issue was resolved in your other post, and now you keep getting notified of any new posts to your original post. I really hope you understand that these notifications are to help in resolving your concern. Others do add comments, as well as suggestions. Sometimes they post about a similar experience. In an effort to keep you informed of your post, each time a response is posted, you receive an email alert. This is something I cannot change. However, I have a suggestion for you.

If your issue is completely resolved and you no longer need a response to your post,  you can log in to the Verizon Wireless community and edit your profile, changing your email address. You can always update the email address later, if needed. But changing your email address will stop the notifications. Just click on the drop down box by your name, and click "Edit Profile and Privacy." On that page you'll be able to change your email address (you can change it to an email address you use, but is not added to your phone, or just an email address you don't use at all). You can change it to something that will not notify you, and if you ever make a new post to the community, you would just want to change it back so you are notified again. I hope this helps!

Gracias,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Why would changing the email address help? It only changes the destination of all the email notifications.

To the OP, check your email preferences and the individual spaces of the areas you are following. Check in the individual spaces and discussions and sometimes individual users that you don't haveito set up to track in Communications or Send Email notifications. There so many places to tell the community to send you email notifications or track in the Communications tab it isn't funny. I have personally gone through all the spaces myself to set individual control of how I want to be notified of activity in those spaces.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

no no you don't understand. i get EVERYBODY'S posts. several a day in the messaging topic, the home of my original post. i have looked everywhere that's reasonable, and its UNREASONABLE to make it difficult and convoluted to turn off. they still come, several a day. not enough maybe to say that i'm getting everything thats posted, but certainly not in reply to any of my previous posts. in fact, the delay in my reply is because i was not notified of the answers i have found here, and since i try to have a tiny little life, i don't check in here all that often.

all that said, it ought to be "one click" to make it all go away. i'm a member of any number of forums, and they don't send me anything but what i ask for....

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Did you try the areas I mentioned in my post here?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

yes i've turned every thing i can find OFF. thats why i'm not getting notifications about my own current thread. but still i get unrelated notification of other stuff going on in this topic.  i've been to everything on this page and everything in my profile and turned it all off. got one this morning. maybe its tapering off i'm not sure, but its not gone and the system is (eliminado). i can think of no other description for it.

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

what do i have to do to make them stop, besides throwing this phone thru the local verizon store window and going back to sprint?? com'on really?? some op please just go in and delete me from the bulletin board system, like i was never there!! i promise i'll never come back, i'll just go to the local store with all my questions. and you can't fix it!! so screw your terms of service, what good are they if you can't solve this problem.

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

To stop notifications for any particular discussion, visit the discussion and click "Stop Tracking..." in the right-hand sidebar.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes