cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Tricked and lied to by Verizon

I bought a Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet and was told the cost of $450.00 would be waved as long as I added it to my plan.  Needless to say, the representative named Klarissa, lied to me.  $499.00 was deducted from my account and the only way I found out was my bank account nearly over drafted. 

Highlighted

Re: Tricked and lied to by Verizon

Miembro

Yep, they will tell you anything to get you to buy a new phone. We were told our bill would go down - nope, went up - surprised, no - V is good at lying and never admitting it - not as bad as yours (sorry!) - but your experience I would call normal customer (non-)service 😞

Highlighted

Miembro

i'm tired of the lies and bs also.....i recently purchased a nokia lumia after contacting customer service and asked them if i could keep my plan when i upgraded....i was told yes via chat i could keep it, went to buy the phone and was given the wrong plan....then they said my plan was no longer available. so i went back to get my old phone reactivated and they said it would take 24 hours to give me my old plan back....funny they can give you a plan as soon as you buy a phone but my old plan takes this long....they lied at the store and at customer service online. bait and switch!

Highlighted

Miembro

I am trying to resolve a similar issue involving unethical behavior. I went into the Verizon store in Corte Madera CA to activate a new Iphone 5 that I purchased from a 3rd party. I told every Verizon employee that I dealt with that I had an unlimited plan with Verizon that was 'grandfathered in' , that I was very happy with it, and that under no circumstances did I want to change my plan. That was the whole purpose of me buying my own , unsubsidized device. All I wanted Verizon to do for me was provide the nano sim card and activate my phone. The representatives deceived me. I got home, went online, found that they'd cheated me out of my unlimited plan and switched it to a 2 Gig data plan. I'm not stupid. I am, however honest and I really have no patience for liars. I contacted support via chat, they were pleasant, honest, and helpful as far as they could be. They got at supervisor, who was also very clear about taking responsibility for fixing the problem. They indicated that their attempts to restore my account to unlimited were unsuccessful "because it doesn't show as an option". They sent me to phone support. The phone support rep did a stellar job of listening and explaining. She opened a Verizon service ticket to fix the issue, return my data plan to what it was yesterday morning and stated that I should get an answer in 48 hours. I hope that Verizon does the right thing here. The reps at the Verizon Corte Madera store should have told me they were taking away my unlimited plan. They gave Verizon a bad name, wasted my time, and caused a lot of unnecessary grief. I feel like Verizon support is making a good faith effort to fix this, and if they do, I will report back with the happy news. If they don't , I will be plotting my escape from Verizon Wireless....

Highlighted

Miembro

well the lies keep adding up....after being told my plan would be restored in 24 hours...i was told today it would take till monday! after being told the rep. fills a form out and gives it to her supervisor then he approves it at the end of each business day i found out the request goes to a supervisory board and they decide if i get my plan back.....i was told today that i would get it back because i returned the phone i bought within the time and reactivated my old phone.....now i'm waiting till monday to find out what lie i get next.....oh and the supervisor name i got was "ed" he doesn't exist! another lie!!!!! kinda wish i could just go this office and meet these people face to face to see what goes on here.

Highlighted

Miembro

Update: After online chat with VZW support, and a supervisor I was told that they were unable to correct my account to revert back to unlimited data. The supervisor stated that I should call and speak directly with someone at their 1-800 number. Fortunately in addition to the chat, I was waiting on hold (for 30 minutes) to speak with someone. They picked up the phone while I was still on chat, so I courteously ended the chat, explained my situation in full. Everyone (on chat and via phone) was very pleasant and helpful, and I believed they were making every effort to correct the sketchy actions of the Verizon Corte Madera, CA store. The phone rep explained my situation, created a report ID # and told me to wait at least 48 hours. I called again for an update after 48 hours, spoke with another very helpful, pleasant, intelligent, well spoken rep who located my report ID and stated it could take till Wednesday, and if it hadn't been corrected by then "tell them to dig a little deeper". Every one at Verizon I chatted or spoke with said that if I bring my own device, I keep the unlimited data plan. Lo and behold today: Verizon corrected the error and gave me my unlimited plan back! I'm very happy. All is right with My Verizon account page! It looks so pretty seeing all that unlimited data back where it belongs. So while I really resent the apparent ethical lapse, or lack of candor at the Verizon store in Corte Madera California, I'm thrilled with the stellar customer service I recieved from VZW chat and VZW phone. I'm also proud of the fact that I was able to control my anger, be kind, and avoid blaming the support staff who were trying to help me clean up someone else's mess. Don't give up, there are some people at Verizon that are nice and want to treat  people fairly. Whew!

Covid19