cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Corrector ortográfico

Líder Sénior

Has there ever been a thought to upgrade the forum to incorporate, 'Real Time' spell check into the board??

I am so used to all other sites noting the spelling errors as I am typing, that here I type and just hit post only to see what my dyslexic fingers have done.

In addition, we can attempt to have this system learn a word but it never does. Such as VZW, Alltel.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Spell Check

Líder Sénior

budone wrote:

I have got to be blind.... Where is Quick Reply??? 

It's an option you turn on in My Settings >> Preferences >> Display >>>   way down at the bottom, check Quick Reply.  A button will now show next to Reply, called Quick Reply - it pops up a box and you can type plain text only in the box, so it's limited, but works well for, well, quick replies!!  And it does show me spelling errors, and has added several terms to the dictionary for me.

Let me know if this works for you, bud.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Hi Budone

Thanks for the suggestion. Definitely something to look into!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

budone wrote:

Has there ever been a thought to upgrade the forum to incorporate, 'Real Time' spell check into the board??

I am so used to all other sites noting the spelling errors as I am typing, that here I type and just hit post only to see what my dyslexic fingers have done. Hmmm, whe I type a reply, using quick reply, it DOES note the spelling errors (squiggly red lines) and it does give me the option to add a word to the dictionary - if I hit reply, to add the quote feature or if I want to use a macro that I have set up, then I DON'T get the spell check or add to dictionary option... so it appears the functionality IS there, only in quick reply, not standard reply.  I use quick reply more often since it doesn't dump me to the top of the board when I hit post and it IS much faster to type a quick reply and move on....

In addition, we can attempt to have this system learn a word but it never does. Such as VZW, Alltel.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

I get the option to click on Spell Check and in there add to dictionary, But nothing I add stays.

I just think it would be nice to see the spelling error as I type it  I just plain forget to look for errors by clicking SPELL CHECK until I post and see the glaring error staring me in my face.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

budone wrote:

It's an option you turn on in My Settings >> Preferences >> Display >>>   way down at the bottom, check Quick Reply.  A button will now show next to Reply, called Quick Reply - it pops up a box and you can type plain text only in the box, so it's limited, but works well for, well, quick replies!!  And it does show me spelling errors, and has added several terms to the dictionary for me.

Let me know if this works for you, bud.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior
Mr. Bud is bowing to the Platinum Answerer!!! :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

My name is spelled Janice, not Januce

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Can't you edit your community profile to change how your name is spelled? If your profile is linked to your MyVerizon account online, you may have to change the spelling if your MyVerizon account online first before it will be reflected on your community profile. 

Also why didn't you create a new discussion question in the community instead of digging up a nine year old thread? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes