cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:

Re: I have been Verizon Wireless customer for 17 years...

Miembro

I too have been a customer for a very long time (14 years).  They will not give up on that fee.  It cracks me up because it is so wrong!  I have tried and tried.  I googled it and came up with this fun article from MarketWatch that has a couple work arounds.  http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dodging-verizons-new-30-upgrade-fee-1336512493383  What is so frustrating is that Sprint and ATT do it too.  I would switch but like they say, is it worth the trouble?  What get's me is that the CFO was just quoted at a share holder's meeting.  This is what he had to say.  But Verizon Chief Financial Officer Fran Shammo said he isn't worried.  "We don't anticipate a lot of dissatisfaction," he said during the call today. "We're not seeing a lot of resistance here."   OMGOSH!  How out of touch can this guy be!

When I called for information I got a guy who's computer was being upgraded and he couldn't help me!  He couldn't even transfer me to someone else!  I called back and got the same guy!  LOL  They must be putting $30 towards his computer upgrades! 

Miembro

I may not be a customer as long as the others but I have been since 06 and my problem is no operators on the support line for phones and I'm trying to switch my number and unlimited plan to a droid 2 that was already on Verizon and they want to charge me more money  because of the upgrade in dispositivo itself not plan

0 Likes

Miembro

I've been with Verizon since 1994 - and it was CHEAPER than to own a NEW "thing" than it is today - CRAZY!  I still have my first yrs bill - I paid $9.99/month for the basic flip phone and then .10/minute - can we all remember paying $40 on average PER MONTH for our phones?  So now ALL the towers that are needed are up (since pagers are no longer used) - and yet the price CONTINUES to rise and rise!  What other service provider RAISES their price-when ALL of their structure, infrastructure, groundwork has been in place for 20 YEARS now - but we are ALL forced to chose these LUDICRIOUS plans.  Let's go back to Family Share Plan where can determine OUR NEEDS and stop having them jammed down our throat.  If we have been able to send emails to Tokyo on our desktop computers for 20 years for FREE -then why does Verizon charge us per email or force us to take an overcharged "package".  These are things that are "NORM" by now - yet Verizon still thinks that they can "create" new ways to screw their customers.  I am going to pay the early termination fee; purchase a new phone off of HSN which provides TRIPLE minutes, text and talk for a WHOPPING total of $99 and then if I exhaust all of that (which would take about 4 -5 months) as I reviewed my previous call history; I purchase a new card and when I add it to my phone it automatically TRIPLES whatever I have purchased and added.  So if I buy 500 more minutes/text/talk (whatever) - I get 1500!   I will recoup my Early Termination Fee I have figured out in less than 3 months!  When I sat down and figured out what 2 yrs will approx. run me with my NEW provider - $300 is jump change and a breeze!  TIME to bail on Verizon everyone - they will NEVER learn to listen to the customer.  Between cell phone providers and cable providers (my first Cable bill was $8.50/month-which is what $85/month now with 500 channels-half in languages I don't understand or 25% of the channels I have NO desire to EVER watch) .  Cable and Cell Phone Providers NEED to learn - that we received papers when we signed up as the Early Birds we were told that our HIGH $9.99/month fee was because Verizon had to put in towers and technology for us (same as Cable providers) - well folks it has been in place for over 20 years and explain to us consumers WHY our bills are now 10x what the "high premium price" was because you were building the infrastructure and system?  It's called CORPORATE GREED and I am SO glad that there are so many more options to chose from.  It used to be work that Employers REWARDED employees for seniority and longevity, now they are the first to go to avoid paying pension plans - Cable & Cell companies are no better.  How do you Corporate Greedy people sleep at night - I'm sure quite well in your 60 million dollar mansion w/full staff (probably illegals paid $5/hr too - but I pray every day when I open these bills, then when you are standing at the Pearly Gates that "HE" upcharges you x100000000 in order for you to Enter - because you have NO morals, values or ethics.    THINGS come down in price (TVs', cameras, etc) when "new" versions, upgrades are created - but not with Verizon and Cable Companies.....

Hey what goes around - comes around and YOU all will get your just due.  I just wasted one hour trying to learn if us Verizon customers still are entitled to Free Nights after 9pm and Free Weekend with all these ridiculous service plans you offer and after one hour - CANNOT find it anywhere on your website.  Ridiculous.  I guess I find out next month on my bill - but by then I will be a TracPhone or some other carrier customer and will be sure to come back and post WHEN I learn if we are still entitled to a service that has been around since the beginning!

0 Likes

Líder Sénior
You send emails for free from your home computer? I have to pay my ISP a monthly fee. Glad you don't have to do the same. My internet bill at home has ALSO gone up even though their "structure, infrastructure and groundwork" has been I place for over 20 years. Fortunately you don't have that cost for your "free" email from home.
0 Likes