cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

I have been Verizon Wireless customer for 17 years...

Miembro

I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for 17 years.  Currently, I have 5 lines: two 3G iPhones, two 3G Android phones, and one dumb phone.

With four 3G devices, my data usage fluctuates between 4 and 6 GB.   

Note that 4 to 6 GB is the size of a movie on a video DVD.  

More than half of this data is pushed or pulled by system services and by advertizing network services integrated with applications.  Even replacing basic ad-supported applications with non-free versions (in the hope of reducing the share of advertizing in the overall data usage) - even this does not help much.

The smartphone devices used by members of my family are aging. The newest of them was bought in September of 2011, and other devices are older.

If and when one of these devices is replaced with a 4G device, data usage will increase significantly because of system background services, ad network services activity, and user tracking.   Seemingly, I cannot abandon my grandfathered unlimited data plan.  I can't pay the grossly inflated full prices for new devices either.

Undubtedly, Verizon Wireless does not value me as a customer.   Time to switch to another carrier.

Highlighted

Re: I have been Verizon Wireless customer for 17 years...

Not applicable

I think 95 percent of smartphone customers use less than 2GB.  Maybe a couple of your phones could get by with 2GB data plans for $30 each and a couple could keep unlimited data by paying full retail price.  That's the way I would approach it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

A blog post in the community suggestions space isn't the best avenue to get help from the community members or the occasional VZW rep. A discussion in a different section of the community would have been a better idea.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

I don't know how you could possibly think that "half" of your 4 to 6 GB of data usage could be from "system services" and "advertizing network services integrated with applications." There is NO way this is the case.

I have 4 smartphones on my account, 2 4G androids and 2 3G iPhones. With your reasoning, I should have ~2 GB of data usage JUST for the items you blame half of your data usage. With my 4 smartphones, I have less than 2 GB TOTAL DATA USAGE which would include those items. I don't see why my "system services" and "advertizing network services intrgrated with applications" would be any less of a data hog than yours.

I would check for other culprits concerning your data usage. It is doubtful those are using as much data as you believe.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I have 5 lines with Verizon, I decided to upgrade my daughter's line to an IPhone 5.  The $30.00 upgrade fee is just purely a junk fee and a money grab.  As a long time customer, who is committing to another two (2) year contract, it is insulting to be charged that fee.  The message put forth is that loyalty is worth nothing.  webets101 you need to look around.

Highlighted

Not applicable

Enough already with the loyalty.  You remain a customer because you like the product for the price and you can't find something that suits your situation any better.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I am a former Sprint customer. I switched to Verizon because my sons business uses them. I want to upgrade my phones but to my suprise I find they want a thirty dollar upgrade fee. I along with others think this total crap by Verizon. The monthly fees we pay are more than a land line and if you stop using them before your contract is up then you have to pay a healthy penalty. The customer service person that said they are just keeping up with other companies doesn't know what he is talking about. I think if Verizon wnats to continue with our business then they need to drop the upgrade fee. I also started looking elsewhere for abetter deal than Verizon. I have no problem switching for sure.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

Of course you pay an early termination fee if you quit early.  That's because you signed a contract and received a $400 +/- discount on your phone and agreed to make 24 monthly payments in return.  All the major providers now charge an upgrade fee, but most are more than Verizon.

0 Likes

Miembro

I am a new customer, and only because I am stuck and screwed out of hundreds of dollars. The chat sales people lie. Online orders get cancelled. Customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. AND my calls now always have loud static...even in my home. I never had this with AT&T. At least, the calls with them were clear.

I like my DROID, but as soon as I can I am getting rid of Verizon. I would not recommend Verizon to my worst enemy. Verizon sucks, and I agree...they do not value me as a customer!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have been a customer to Verizon since 1990 (started as an Airtouch Customer before Verizon Changed their name). I am not certain that they appreciate me either, I signed up here to share this story and find your story the most similar to share (If you could let me know how to start my own post, I would be delighted to do that, but, I'm not familiar with this process) Pardon my share if it offends you. I just feel that we are in similar "lack of customer care" situation.

As a 23 year customer to Verizon, have sent ALL of my Family/Friends to them (52 people in family tree), I am in an UNRESOLVED ISSUE with them for almost 2 months now. I have over 8 hours total talk time with financial aid, the warehouse, and customer service reps and supervisors. STILL NO RESOLVE. They have a charge on my account (abut 500 dollars) which originated from a warranty return phone that was mailed back (though they never received by them). THERE LAY THE PROBLEM. Now, my phone was SHUT OFF and to get it back on, they charged our phones a fee (30 dollars) today, they SHUT IT OFF, knowing that I am in dispute! I have, AGAIN, received a statement from Verizon, that a "Supervisor" would contact me w/in 24/48 hours. Still Waiting... This has gone BEYOND a phone issue. This, even from their operators mouth, is more of a "Verizon Dropped the ball" issue. I have insurance for LOST or Stolen phones... what happened to that?

Verizon offer: Return the phone that you are using and buy a pay as you go phone or upgrade a different phone on the account. ??? Really, with insurance on the phone, you would like me to BUY another phone? Feel free to comment. "Verizon, your problem is our problem the first time you call"??? What???

<< Edited to remove personal information >>