Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Content is deleted when highlighting / Cannot Copy/Paste

John_Getzke
Leader

Hola,

I have been dealing with two strange issues on the community forums and wonder if anyone else is seeing the same behavior or not.

The first is my ability to copy and paste text to my responses appeared to be disabled.  I worked around this issue by opening up the HTML option for each response and inserting the HTML for a hyperlink by hand.  Not fun, but it got the job done when the link was simple enough.  It seems that my ability to copy/paste has been restored with the new update.

The other lingering issue that has not been resolved is a strange feature where the content I type is deleted.  This happens at random but my observations suggest it happens mainly while I try to highlight my content towards the end of my posts.  Usually a post is around 2-3 paragraphs long before this problem happens.  When the contents are deleted it is usually the entire paragraph I was working on.  No amount of Ctrl+Z, Undo, or converting to HTML will bring back that content when it happens.  It happens most frequently when I hit Ctrl+Arrow Key to highlight content before deciding to copy and paste it somewhere else or edit.

A similar feature that appears to have gone away is a break in the post.  For lack of a better name this problem happened while I was typing.  Instead of continuing on to the next word a "break" would appear and shoot my cursor to a random part of the response.  Any attempts to type beyond that point of the "break" would continue to shoot my text to the same area.  My work around was to delete everything around the break and re-type again.  This gives me the impression of more foul play on the supporting HTML behind the scenes.  Like I said the new  update appears to have improved or resolved this issue but it does suggest that there are some shenanigans going on behind the scenes when we are typing our responses that tend to misfire every now and then.

My first thoughts were that all of these are browser issues.  My main browser is IE11.  I do not use alternative browsers like Firefox when posting to the communities very often, but when I do I do not recall having either of these issues.

Curious to see if anyone else has experienced these kinds of problems or not. 

Re: Content is deleted when highlighting / Cannot Copy/Paste

Ann154
Expert

Testing pasting from mobile device.

A similar feature that appears to have gone away is a break in the post.  For lack of a better name this problem happened while I was typing.  Instead of continuing on to the next word a "break" would appear and shoot my cursor to a random part of the response.  Any attempts to type beyond that point of the "break" would continue to shoot my text to the same area.  My work around was to delete everything around the break and re-type again.  This gives me the impression of more foul play on the supporting HTML behind the scenes.  Like I said the new  update appears to have improved or resolved this issue but it does suggest that there are some shenanigans going on behind the scenes when we are typing our responses that tend to misfire every now and then.

My first thoughts were that all of these are browser issues.  My main browser is IE11.  I do not use alternative browsers like Firefox when posting to the communities very often, but when I do I do not recall having either of these issues.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta