Centro de recursos de accesibilidad Salta al contenido principal
Obtenlo rápido al recogerlo dentro o fuera de la tienda o con entrega el mismo día.
cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:

Re: Community Forums

Snn5
Líder Sénior

Yes ma'am, but there was no return communication from either individual. 

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Wouldn't that be considered a problem with the community?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Can you give examples of sites using the Xenforo platform?

I'm familiar with sites using the Lithium or Jive platforms, but not that name.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Ledsteplin
Novice

I consider the community to be those of us who participate. Those responsible for creating the site are apparantly not part of the community. I don't think Verizon even knows how bad it is. The only ones who poke their heads in are service reps with canned messages.

Ledsteplin
Novice

Check out iPhone forums like iMore.com,, MacRumors, and the Android forum Android Central. Those are nice sites.

0 Likes

Snn5
Líder Sénior

I suppose that would be a problem with how the interaction options changed a while back with direct messaging.  The problem might also be with the individual(s) contacted and their lack of response, be it though missing the communication or ignoring it.  Perhaps it isn't just the platform or the people in charge of it, maybe it's a combination of website construction and human choice of involvement.  It seems like this particular Verizon forum setup is geared towards peer to peer solutions, but leaves out any support for individuals who have an issue with the site itself.  Almost like people can attempt to solve a Verizon issue (device, plan, bill) but cannot get assistance with the community itself.  I know there are people to contact about this, but at the same time, that information isn't readily available without some serious searching, asking other members, almost endless searching both on the forum and through search engines.

Ann154
Expert

The Direct Message system is different from how it worked when this community switched to Jive in 2012. It was changed sometime in 2013 or 2014 to the current system.  For better or worse you can be the judge.

I would suggest you look at the discussions in this Suggestions space created before 2012 when it was on the Lithium platform and see what interactions those administration people did for the community and compare it to everything after the 2012 switch to Jive. From there you can draw your own conclusions or theories.

0 Likes

Snn5
Líder Sénior

You're right.  I viewed several posts from that time period.  Seems the Vzw people were a bit more engaged and straight-forward with their responses before a "Suggestions for this Community" space was added to be a catch-all area for reading posts but not responding to them.  I also compared a few of the platforms from a community site perspective rather than a business site perspective just to get an idea of how these externally-hosted forums work. Lithium seems to be better liked by the majority than Jive.  While both are similar in their purposes, Lithium seems to flow a bit better and is more intuitive.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

From what I remember of the Lithium platform and my interactions then, there was an actual team of people (Verizon or Lithium employees I'm not sure) who handled the administration and moderation. I have never figured out how much or how many people were given a similar scope of responsibility when the switch to Jive platform happened. Based on the responses in the Suggestions space it wasn't the same as before.

0 Likes

Snn5
Líder Sénior

Seems like interactions became a lot less personal and more robotic and automated.  It would be nice to see an overhaul of sorts to bring some of that back and a re-design of some sort to make finding information easier and improving the flow of navigation.  Even the Actions, like edits, quotes, reporting and reply options could be optimized and less static.  I also find the Stream to be inconsistent with some posts from 5 min ago showing up 5 hours later and not in chronological sequence.  Sometimes it isn't as easy as going to a particular tab or link and I have to do several word or phrase searches to find what I'm looking for.  But, I suppose it's good to have the community nonetheless, no matter its quirks as far as operations are concerned.  Though I feel, like many do I'm sure, that this is a front-line customer option as far as quick and personal support goes.  Despite the difficulty getting around at times, I have found more info and quicker responses from peers than I ever did with VZW reps as it seems they communicate with never-ending one-line questions and one-line responses.  Peers have hand-on experience while the phone reps, chat reps and community reps seem to struggle at times with their device emulators/simulators.

0 Likes