cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

44VERIZONWIRELESS.COM SCAM

elisajan
Miembro

44verizonwireless.com is a SCAM -  initally begins with a recorded call with the message that you will receive 44 dollars off of your bill.  Please go to 44verizonwireless.com for your 44 dollars off. SCAM    BE CAREFUL

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Re: 44VERIZONWIRELESS.COM SCAM

Ann154
Expert

It is just another variation of the scam that has been ongoing for the past few months.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

JohnLinnie
Miembro

Hey folks - I just got hit with this scam today.  I immediately knew something was wrong & contacted Verizon.  In my case, my offered refund was $54.   As everyone knows by now, the caller id looks legitimate.  The call originates from an actual Verizon 800 number (Verizon authenticated for me this is an actual Verizon number).  But here's what interest me:  I have more than one telecommunications provider.  I use Verizon for wireless communication, but I use an alternative provider for land-lined fax and cable service.  The "Verizon wireless" caller id I received wasn't on my cell phone - it was on my other land-lined phone number; which immediately made me wonder how Verizon Wireless knew I had this land line (since it isn't theirs).  Curiously, I answered it, and wondered why Verizon would be calling me on another provider's service.  When I got the recorded message that I'm entitled to a $54 credit, I knew this was nonsense since the call terminated on a number Verizon doesn't service.  In other words, the caller assumed I was a Verizon customer, even though this number  is provided by a company other than Verizon and has nothing to do with my Verizon bill.  How they pirated a Verizon Wireless caller id, which really is a Verizon wireless caller id - I don't know.  What I do know is this:  this is a total scam.... so stay away from it.  I've alerted Verizon's fraud unit & they're supposed to get back to me...  I'll keep you posted if & when I learn more.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

elisajan
Miembro

hi John,

They tried to scam me, too.  it was a $44 reimbursement not a $54.  basically the same thing.

I sent it in to Verizon.  I gave them the phone number from which the call originated.  but, I didn't

think and it was not suggested to contact the Verizon Fraud dept.  so, I am glad that you did this.

Elisa

0 Me gusta