screen going black, continuous loop-HELP!
tmb1981

I've had my fascinate for about a year, had no major problems, except when Froyo came out had to do a reset, but since, have nto had any issues until today.

I sent a text, then my screen went blank, but all the buttons on the bottom are lit.  I've pulled the battery out about 4 times, it restarts and does the external SD card thing, than does it all over again.  Once the SD card is read, it buzz's like a force close and turns blank again. can't make a call, can't check the software, can't do anything, it's been doing this for about two hours. I'm not srue what to do.

Please help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: screen going black, continuous loop-HELP!
longplaypg
Enthusiast - Level 3

This may not be the correct thing to do, but it would be the things I would try. Please understand what I am suggesting will more than likely empty all the personal data on your phone so I hope you have a backup. If any of this bothers you or think you need help I would visit a store for support.

You have already removed the battery, but take out the SD Card and leave it out.

I hope you do not have any apps moved to the SD Card, because I am not sure how this will behave.

Wipe the front screen clean.

Try to power up the phone.

If it actually boots now there may be a problem with the SD Card.

If it still loops then I am sorry to say you will have to attempt a factory reset and/or wipe the cache data.

Please follow the alternate instructions here http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35372#alt

I would start with the wipe cache data option and after it completes reboot the phone.

This option will erase most data, but may allow the phone to boot far enough you can backup some personal information.

If that still does not fix the phone for the reboot issue then it is time to try a factory reset.

You can use the link above and intercept the boot process, but this time use the factory reset option.

I can guarantee with this option anything that was not stored on the SD Card will be gone if you do not have a backup somewhere else.

Hopefully by now with a battery, no SD Card loaded, the phone will finish booting. If it does not then it is safe to say your phone needs service.

If you had SD Card issues and things worked fine after removing the SD Card then I would try the following.

Try reading the SD Card with a computer and make a backup of the data.

Boot the phone without the SD CARD.

Once the phone is booted try inserting the SD CARD and see if it can load then.

Please follow the memory card formatting here http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35222

Once the phone has formatted the SD Card power off the phone with the SD Card in the phone.

Power the phone back on and see if the SD Card and boot process behaves normally.

Hopefully by now with a battery, with the SD Card, the phone will finish booting. If it does not then it is safe to say your SD Card should be replaced to confirm the phone can work with another card.

Be careful what you restore back to the phone as something caused the corruption you ecountered.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: screen going black, continuous loop-HELP!
longplaypg
Enthusiast - Level 3

This may not be the correct thing to do, but it would be the things I would try. Please understand what I am suggesting will more than likely empty all the personal data on your phone so I hope you have a backup. If any of this bothers you or think you need help I would visit a store for support.

You have already removed the battery, but take out the SD Card and leave it out.

I hope you do not have any apps moved to the SD Card, because I am not sure how this will behave.

Wipe the front screen clean.

Try to power up the phone.

If it actually boots now there may be a problem with the SD Card.

If it still loops then I am sorry to say you will have to attempt a factory reset and/or wipe the cache data.

Please follow the alternate instructions here http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35372#alt

I would start with the wipe cache data option and after it completes reboot the phone.

This option will erase most data, but may allow the phone to boot far enough you can backup some personal information.

If that still does not fix the phone for the reboot issue then it is time to try a factory reset.

You can use the link above and intercept the boot process, but this time use the factory reset option.

I can guarantee with this option anything that was not stored on the SD Card will be gone if you do not have a backup somewhere else.

Hopefully by now with a battery, no SD Card loaded, the phone will finish booting. If it does not then it is safe to say your phone needs service.

If you had SD Card issues and things worked fine after removing the SD Card then I would try the following.

Try reading the SD Card with a computer and make a backup of the data.

Boot the phone without the SD CARD.

Once the phone is booted try inserting the SD CARD and see if it can load then.

Please follow the memory card formatting here http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35222

Once the phone has formatted the SD Card power off the phone with the SD Card in the phone.

Power the phone back on and see if the SD Card and boot process behaves normally.

Hopefully by now with a battery, with the SD Card, the phone will finish booting. If it does not then it is safe to say your SD Card should be replaced to confirm the phone can work with another card.

Be careful what you restore back to the phone as something caused the corruption you ecountered.

0 Likes