samsung fascinate trouble with picture text messaging
docsweaty

anybody able to help me with my issues.....i am unable to open the picture attachments associated with text messages....the message says downloading but unable to open the picture....

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: samsung fascinate trouble with picture text messaging
new2tech
Enthusiast - Level 2

:smileyhappy: Just wanted to share with the community that my problem with inability to download photos sent with text messages has been solved.

I called Verizon yesterday and spoke to a very pleasant person who sent me a text with a photo that I WAS able to download. She then told me if your phone number is preceeded by a 1 in the sender's contact list you will not  be able to download it. And also that you have to have 3G turned on, WiFi off.

I asked two of my senders to send a new text with photo and I was able to download both. So it appears to be working. Hope this is helpful to all of you who have experienced the same problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
Has it ever worked or did it just stop working? If so check your settings in messaging. Look at the multimedia message limit. Mine was set to 20 as a default.
0 Likes
docsweaty

worked on and off....verizon told me to remove the battery and then it worked for a few messages and then stopped.....I increased my message limits but still no luck.

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
Just got my phone replaced because the signal kept going from full to nothing every 20 seconds. Don't know if maybe your problem is hardware related or not. Have you tried a factory reset?
0 Likes
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

When you receive picture message  is it every picture message or picture message sent from same person? Is it a picture that is downloaded from web etc. which maybe copyrighted and will not download to phone?

0 Likes
Rhonda81

I am having the same problem.  My fascinate always worked with the picture downloads but now for some reason say's it's 'downloading" and stay's there but nothing downloaded.

0 Likes
Rhonda81

Hi!  What should the setting's be?  Mine is 20.  I'm having the same issues with my fascinate

0 Likes
new2tech
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem with messages sent by 2 different senders. Get the message then it says "downloading" but nothing happens. Seems this began after updating. Help please.

0 Likes
shoe5150

I'm having the same problem. It was fine before updating to 2.2, but now it won't download any picture or video messages on the stock text messaging app. I had to download the chompSMS app to get it to work.

0 Likes
new2tech
Enthusiast - Level 2

In addition to not being able to download pics with messaging, I now am unable to get email to download. It shows an email in the annunciator line and a red numeral on the email icon but when clicked on just get message"downloading" and it goes round and round.

My husband has an identical phone, both purchased at the same time which is working fine. He has not downloaded the recent update.

There are also 2 new icons on my annunciator line that I am unable to find a description for in my manual. Anyone else noticed that?

0 Likes