only solution to get new phone?
singingfiend

worst thing the phone does is i wake up and am late because my alarm didn't go off. the reason being that the phone turned off even though charged or it got put into safe mode. also won't let me type at times!, random screen shots, freezes, just turns off, kicks me out of apps. i've tried hard reset, cleaning the cache, pulling the battery, replacement battery. been thru several certified pre-owned of the same model. still need to try pulling the battery for 5 minutes.  anyone think there is an alternative to not getting a new phone?  thanks. 

0 Likes
Re: only solution to get new phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't rely on my phone as my sole source for the alarm clock. That's my suggestion.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi singingfiend!

An assortment of issues like this deserve an assortment of resolutions. And I'm here to provide the ingredients toward getting your Fascinate up and running again without these described problems.

Right off the bat, I'm terribly sorry to learn about all of this. Your phone should increase productivity, not debilitate it. So, let's work on this together. Now, you've cited doing a lot of troubleshooting (which is greatly appreciated) but I'd like to take a different route here. Have you ever manually launched your device into safe mode (without it doing so itself of course)? I think it's best if we give that a shot and see how it reacts. That will help us better isolate the issue down to the apps if that is indeed the case. If it works properly, we'd want to look at a hard reset only without loading your apps back on directly after. In other words, I know you've tried some of this before but we just want to make sure it's done in an order that your device doesn't become impacted again. Additionally, are you still within the one year manufacturer's warranty or do you have insurance? I know you've been through several replacements and not looking for a new phone but it's important we exhaust all options to get you a working phone immediately.

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
singingfiend

Hi Evan,

actually already switched to different phone, because charging port got corroded, but new phone has been having problems. not sure about 1yr manufacturer warranty. is there a way you can check? thanks

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I don't either Ann.. i use to Rely on my Cats as they would lick me in the Face wanting something eat some times @ 5 in the Morning and that Cat breath Woooo

then they'd pounce there paws on my stomach.. But no more as i haven't had a pet in long time.. I just rely on the old alarm clock these Days.. b33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your reply singingfiend. Congrats on your new phone, but I regret to hear that you've been having issues with that one as well. Yes we can check warranty options. What's going on with your phone? Was this phone purchased new or certified pre-owned from VZW? In that case, it would come with a one year warranty as long as it was purchased on your account. I can check the status. Respond to my follow request and send me a direct message with your name and mobile number.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes