not connecting to 4G LTE
dsavalia

I tried connecting my galaxy nexus to 4G LTE and it would not connect. It just kept showing 3G. I tried airplane mode, battery pull, took out the SIM card and put it back in.

0 Likes
Re: not connecting to 4G LTE
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Oh no dsavalia, that's not good!

If you are in a 4G area, you should be able to get a 4G signal.  What zip code are you in?  Ensure the Network mode is set to LTE/CDMA.

Let me know so I can further assist.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
carpetman

I too bought the Samsung Galaxy Nexus after researching the availability of 4G in my area. Everything shows that 4G is available in my area. I even chatted with a Verizon rep today and they said there was no  problem with 4G in my area. I have never been able to get 4G.If needed to answer I am in the 37826 and 37303 areas. Both show 4G LTE availability.Any suggestions?

Message was edited by: Glenn <personal information deleted per the TOS> Under my status my phone shows signal strength as -100 dBm and 1 asu and mobile network type as  eHRPD-13. I don't know what all this means.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

A fair amount of the Galaxy Nexus' have radio connection issues. The upcoming 4.0.5 software update will likely have new radios. I live in an area with a strong 4G signal and my first 2 G Nexus were awful trying to connect. The 3rd one is much better.

0 Likes
ELH

What would cause the preferred network mode to switch automatically from LTE/CDMA to CDMA?

0 Likes