no flash player after update?
ArizonaBeltFed
Enthusiast - Level 2

I noticed my phone did an update yesterday and many cosmetics have changed, which is fine by me.  However now it seems flash player no longer works :smileysad:  I can no longer stream my favorite radio show while in the shop :smileysad:

Did the update get rid of flash player?  or just something went wrong with my update?

about phone says: firmware 2.3.5  build number SCH-1500.EH03

Thanks,

AZBF

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: no flash player after update?
ArizonaBeltFed
Enthusiast - Level 2
Ok I solved the problem, turned out to be a settings issue in the browser. Once I found the option to enable "plug ins" and clicked it on, boom my radio show was streaming loud and clear.

So if anyone else has this problem here's the deal to try:
Open browser
Hit the left page looking button to bring up options
Click more
Scroll down and click settings
Scroll down to "enable plug ins" and choose always on

Hopefully that will fix your problem as it did mine. I suppose the reset I.did was ultimately unnecessary, but she seems to be running hot straight and normal now so I won't complain.

AZBELTFED

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rmoye
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue. Cannot play video through apps either! YouTube, etc.

0 Likes
rmoye
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having the same problem, but solved my own problem just now!

After reading through the forum, I realized I had not shut down my phone and hard booted since updating to Gingerbread.

I shut down my phone, took out the battery, put the battery back in and booted up the phone. Now live streaming and video is working just fine.

0 Likes
ArizonaBeltFed
Enthusiast - Level 2

I rebooted several times, I have removed the battery and rebooted a couple times, and now I have done a factory data reset to start over on a clean slate.

Still NADA, flash does not work anymore.  Even tried downloading a flash player from the market, was told I didnt have enough memory (which is **bleep** for a 17mb file)

So, does everyone else still have a working flash player or no? 

AZBF

0 Likes
ArizonaBeltFed
Enthusiast - Level 2
Ok I solved the problem, turned out to be a settings issue in the browser. Once I found the option to enable "plug ins" and clicked it on, boom my radio show was streaming loud and clear.

So if anyone else has this problem here's the deal to try:
Open browser
Hit the left page looking button to bring up options
Click more
Scroll down and click settings
Scroll down to "enable plug ins" and choose always on

Hopefully that will fix your problem as it did mine. I suppose the reset I.did was ultimately unnecessary, but she seems to be running hot straight and normal now so I won't complain.

AZBELTFED
0 Likes