Re: has anyone got the 2.3.5 update yet
stonent
Enthusiast - Level 3

I consulted the ruler of Asgard and with a mighty flash, he transported my phone back in time. I then found he had taken away my keys to the garden. There were walls around me that I couldn't see over. Once I could no longer leave the garden I called out to the gingerbread man and he was happy to oblige.

0 Likes
ladygodiva

The 2.3.5 update downloaded automatically a couple of days ago.  This version is even WORSE than the previous one, as hard as that may be to believe. My phone now freezes and shuts down even more than before. The screen captures resulting from diagnostic s/w left in the release that runs when you try to turn off the screen occurs even more often now. Google maps/navigation HANGS…I re-installed it and it WILL NOT RUN – just hangs when I enter an address. GPS does not find my location. This s/w release is a piece of crap and Verizon will not take any responsibility for it.  All they want to do is a master reset, wipe the phone. This should NOT BE NECESSARY simply for a s/w update. I am completely fed up with this phone and am switching to an iPhone as soon as I can.

Anyone else have these issues?  Would a master reset work?

0 Likes
pr0crasturbator
Enthusiast - Level 2

I signed up for this forum just to look for info on this. I live in Tennessee and mine updated this morning... I keep getting this stupid pop up about global data and if I don't activate it, it will shut off my mobil data, and it is absolutely driving me insane. I am not happy with this update either. I have to reset all my infor for cetain aps and relog in...but the most annoying thing is that pop up. Any Idea how to stop it?

0 Likes
longplaypg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well a lot of you may like this but I did factory reset my phone. A lot of the items I had problems with under the previous 2.2.x seem to be gone. Please understand I am waiting to see if they stay gone as most of my problems were very random and hard to reproduce.

2.2.x

missed calls

missed texts

alarm clock for setting a alarm for a time prior to the current time was impossible for the next day and would result in an alarm a week later on the current day instead

music player would stop after 1 hour

poor battery life

phantom button presses resulting in screenshots, exiting applictions you had just asked to open, and more...

I probably missed a few...

Take 2.3.5 update

seems ok and had great battery life the first day

ever since the first day it has been horrible battery issues!

Giving up i have backed up everything including my SD memory card!

I did perform a factory reset.

I noticed the setup wizard no longer ran after the factory reset...

I also noticed it was still having some issues with battery, but i haven't seen the other 2.2.x issues appear again thus far...

It has only been a few days since my last factory reset so I am certain enough has not passed for problems to arise yet in my case. I use my phone very sparingly as it is more of an MP3 player for me. I just don't text or talk enough sorry.

There seems to be a problem with the new 2.3.5 doing a trickle charge on AC after the phone reports 100% charge. The best solution is when it hits 100% and reports it with a beep notice to immediatly unplug it. Otherwise so far folks have found the phone will start running on battery and depending on how much your phone is doing by the time you unplug it later it could be only 2% battery life left.

I do not know if this problem exists on USB laptop charging mode (aka not using the provided AC adapter).

I have also noticed that the stock email program with 3 exchange accounts on push really sucks my battery life down fast. So far i have turned all 3 accounts to manual and hope to get more than 3 hours out of my phone today. Please under during that 3 hours period all i did was stream mp3 music over bluetooth to a stereo headset. I did not get a single call or text message during that time. My screen was completely off. There was no third party applications installed.

Another warning is there seems to be a lot of apps written 2.2.x that dont like the 2.3.x. I have seen suggestions to unistall the old apps and reinstall them. A factory reset will force this of course, but if the app was not written for 2.3.x it may install again an cause the same problems all over.

Right now i feel 2.3.5 makes the phone more like i expect, but enough time has not passed to be certain!

0 Likes