Work Around for Missed Calls until VZW Can Fix
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

There is a APP in the Market it is free it is called Wake Lock

It allows you to keep cpu running in background click first option which is PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK (CPUon,Screen Off,Keyboardoff)  Than click Aquire/Release lock

My Battery drains while running this 3% an hour but I have tested and it completely stops the missed calls

This will work until they fix it

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Work Around for Missed Calls until VZW Can Fix
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

ED05 update Fixxed my Phone

No workaround Needed anymore

View solution in original post

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Softlocker work alot smoother

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

wardcst24 wrote:

Softlocker work alot smoother

But this is by no means a Solution just marking this Solved to eliminate I of these redundant threads

0 Likes
TTinPA

I just looked at Softlocker in the market, Description says it is pretty useless for phones. Is it working for you?

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Yes it does work real well but it does hurt battery life

You will have even worse battery than you do now

But you will not miss calls ,Texts

0 Likes
TTinPA

Thanks, I will give it a try. I did buy an extra battery, so I guess I better make sure I always have one charged.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I am updating as many forums I can with the following information: 

We have updated our policy on handling missed calls very recently for the Fascinate.

We normally don't request people to call in,but if you are reading this, that may be your best option.  Call 800-922-0204 option 3 for tech support.  Choose the option foradvanced devices and PDAs. This will get you to tech support.

We do have different options available for customers experiencing this issue while we work on the permanent fix to this problem. 

You also have the option to PM me with your cell number, and I'd be happy to review this in detail via phone call or PM. 

Thanks for you patience.  I know this has been a rocky road for some of you.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I need to clarify a little further on this. I will be bolding words, but please do not take it as internet yelling.  I need to make some stuff stand out though. 

On 7-8-11, Verizon Wireless implemented a POLICY on the Fascinate.  Whenever a new policy comes along, all 80,000+ employees are not going to be aware of it immediately.  Not that it's excusable, but it happens from time to time.

If you go to a Verizon Wireless CORPORATE store, and they are unfamiliar with the process, I will post info to guide them on the new policy.  I cannot post the policy because I could get canned, but I can post how to get to the policy. 

Where is this policy? There are 2 ways to get there:

1) Open up InfoManager.  In the search box, type in: "Samsung Fascinate Not Receiving Calls."  This will bring up several search results.  It's the first result that shows up.

2) There is an OST article number for this information.  The OST that can also be typed in the Infomanager search box is 70946.  This will bring up several search results as well.  It's the first option.

Things to note:  This missed call issue is intermittent. 

**There is no fix for it.  It can't be master reset, updated with new software (at this time), battery pulled, *228 update, or network troubleshot.  It does NOT need to be duplicated in-store for a replacement as it is intermittent.  Sometimes it happens. Sometimes it doesn't. When it's a known intermittent issue, we should NOT need to duplicate it in the store. **

I hope this helps someone.  This is applicable to Verizon Wireless in both the stores and over-the-phone tech support.  Customer care cannot process these requests over the phone. You MUST speak with tech support.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

I am thinking OTA is again causing issues with users phones.
0 Likes