Where is Android 4.3 for the Galaxy Nexus???????????????????
TimTheK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Title says it all.

Verizon, where is our 4.3 update?  I want a real answer, not "we don't have any information on updates"....not "we rely on getting updates from the manufacturer"..... not "visit blahblahblah.verizon.updates.pressreleases.nonsense for the latest news".

I want a real answer.

Verizon gets HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS A MONTH FROM ME. 3 WIRELESS LINES, FIOS TV, PHONE, ETC. All I am asking for is an actual answer as to the status of this update. It is not unreasonable.

Google released the 4.3 update on July 24th. Today is November 26th. That's four ******* months!  This is a Nexus device, so Google produces all the updates. There is NO waiting on Samsung. The update was ready on July 24th. That means Verizon had it on July 24th.

There was a minor update (JWR66Y) released on August 21st to fix some bugs....did Verizon get this? Are they working on this update?

Hell, Sprint released their 4.3 Update to their version of the Galaxy Nexus on October 31st. That's nearly a month ago.

VERIZON - WHERE IS OUR 4.3 UPDATE FOR THE GALAXY NEXUS???????????????????????

NO MORE EXCUSES. NO MORE NON-ANSWERS.

WE DESERVE TO KNOW, NOW!!!!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Where is Android 4.3 for the Galaxy Nexus???????????????????
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, you won't hear from a Verizon rep regarding this post because they  only reply to posts marked as a question, which this isn't. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have to agree that the Verizon Galaxy Nexus does deserve and needs the android 4.3 update. When and if the phone gets it is unknown.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

This situation is absolutely pathetic.  My two Nexus devices are now two versions apart.

YOU MISSED AN ENTIRE VERSION, VERIZON!!!

In future contracts, Google needs to include financial penalties for companies that fail to provide updates for supported Nexus devices.  Hurt them where it counts.  As soon as I'm done travelling, I plan to kick Verizon to the curb.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I saw this coming before this phone was released. I even posted about it.

For those that said "Google said it will be treated the same."

I told you so...

It was treated the same from the beginning. It had software not from Google on it, apps were missing, internal capacity was exclusive to the Verizon model, and it was branded something that no other Nexus had been done before or after.

I bought both versions as soon as I saw the branding. Ended up trading the Verizon one for a iPhone 4S.

Oh can I say I told you so one more time? 😛

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Was = wasn't. Fingers faster than my keyboard and autocorrect corrected it wrong.

0 Likes
TimTheK
Enthusiast - Level 3

2 more weeks and not a peep from Verizon.

Thanks Verizon. For a communications company you really suck at communicating.

0 Likes
Adirolf
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do not want to get accused of double posting so ...

Check out my post at:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1027339#1027339

And now we know WHY VZW CAN NOT reply. (They can't use Google)

0 Likes
TimTheK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Duplicate post - please see:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1046045#1046045

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes