Re: Verizon says unlimited data plans are on the way out!
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Someone mentioned the Share Everything calculator in a post.  It was interesting to see that if I put in four smartphones and one tablet that the 10GB plan is what was "recommended".  I put my current usage at 0-2GB per month and still received a 10GB recommendation.  VZW never ceases to amaze me.  The small print that said that current VZW data devices use 1-2 GB a month overrides my actual usage patterns that I put in.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

21stNow wrote:

Someone mentioned the Share Everything calculator in a post.  It was interesting to see that if I put in four smartphones and one tablet that the 10GB plan is what was "recommended".  I put my current usage at 0-2GB per month and still received a 10GB recommendation.  VZW never ceases to amaze me.  The small print that said that current VZW data devices use 1-2 GB a month overrides my actual usage patterns that I put in.

yup.  They should just get rid of everything but the number of phones because they're telling you how much data they want you to have.

0 Likes
4ktvs
Contributor - Level 1

B33 wrote:

at&t is going to be doing about the Same thing..  Sprint & T-/Hot B.C. Mobile is the Only one's that say they will stay Unlimited. No problem for Sprint as they like to use every body else's towers instead of there own for there Service.. b33

But at lest there phones are good and verizon's network is not all that good at holding on. ( It could be I have two bad phones, but if I want some thing that may work, I have to buy it my self.)

There new plan's suck way more than I could have ever thinked and yes I know "thinked" is not really a word, but this level of pure greed shocks me and here I was thinking 2GB for 50 not 1GB. Verizon = apple x2 and I think there phones are low grade for the $ and there not as fast as the S2, razr or the one x.

Any way, I am on a fine line, becuase the razr is my first and only phone with verizon and it's been a rockey rock road.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That i will Agree i like that Evo and that kickstand.. and that X One is a Stunner for at&t as for T-Mobile i'll take the Girl And Leave the Service..And give here a Ride on my Harley any day.. Of course the kicker is i got buy one first! b33 

0 Likes
murph1108
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info!  I just chatted with a verizon rep and she said if you are eligible for an upgrade now, you have until August 1 to get a new phone with your unlimited plan.  After August 1 you won't be able to keep your unlimited plan.  Also, after the 2 years is up, you won't be grandfathered in and will have to choose another plan.  How do you know when your bill cycles?  Is it the day your bill is due? 

0 Likes
murph1108
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info!  I'm still not sure what I'm going to do.  I can upgrade now and be grandfathered in, but in 2 years I will have to choose a different plan anyway.  At least I have some time to figure it out.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Murph do you get a paper Statement on the statement it Should tell you on the First Paige or if you Look on my Verizon it will say when your Cycle Ends an you will want to wait 5 to 6 days after that day or as soon as you can look on you my Verizon an it Tells you your Monthly Bill then you can Service bill an have a Month to Pay You can service bill before the cycle Date but you won't have a free month it would be the due the Next month you see what i mean..

0 Likes
avfoster4

When does this go into effect? I upgraded a few months ago, so I'm still under the unlimited plan as of right not. My husbands phone can be upgraded this Saturday. I want to know if I need to start looking into the new data plans for him...Again when does this go into effect???

0 Likes
JimDandy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Latest story about Verizon Wireless is :

Verizon to phase out most existing phone plans. This was on the tech. Page

of AP News yesterday.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The new plans go into effect on June 28.

You don't have to select the share everything plan. The individual plans should be still available if I'm reading the information correctly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes