Re: Verizon says unlimited data plans are on the way out!
mase31
Enthusiast - Level 3

The sad about this is that they going to make customers that has unlimited data plans to change to their new plans with data caps wish is not fair at all.Verizon if u have customers that has unlimited data plans leave them alone and let them stay with their unlimited data plans that u gave them went you took them.

0 Likes
debangor

It is totally unfair for them to change our plan!  I just bought a 4G Razr Maxx and accessories including a lapdock before my contract was even up with assurances from Verizon staff that I was grandfathered in to the unlimited data plan.  4G isn't even available where I live yet!  I want to know if Verizon will let me return these things and go back to my former end date on my contract because they changed the plan without my knowledge?  I hope everyone starts bombarding them with calls and emails to make them reconsider this!

0 Likes
flakpheiser
Enthusiast - Level 1

<---- another long time customer with multiple smartphones on one account that will cancel if/when unlimited data is removed.

vlove29
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is ridiculous. What ever happened to rewarding long term loyal customers? Your marketing/pricing team really needs a refresher course in understanding the value of long time loyal customers. First they get rid of the "New Every Two" discount, then they add a $30 upgrade fee (oh wait, if you are a loyal customer, you don't have to pay it - still ridiculous), now this? This is even more reason for me to not be loyal.

boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Heh, that's where I'm at too.  I was told 4G would be in my area by end of summer 2011.  Now I'm told it will be rolled out everywhere by the end of 2013, after my 2 year contract expires.  I now feel like an idiot for buying into new technology based on dishonest projections (whether intentional or unintentional).  If they get rid of my unlimited plan before I get a chance to use it, I will not only leave Verizon, I will take absolutely every single person I know with me, and will continue to turn people away on every forum that I can.  I will easily waste the money they made off me through lost contracts. 

Time for them to start informing both their customers AND their customer service/store reps with REAL information rather than no or misinformation.  It's about time their corporate incompetence(once again, whether intentional or unintentional) starts having a monetary effect on them for the decisions they've made.  Otherwise, no changes will be made. 

boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

I think most companies don't care about "loyalty" and it's more about profit.  As is their right as a corporation (capitalism and all that).  But I think if we stop looking at it in terms of "loyalty" and start looking at it from the perspective of "what we pay" versus "what we receive", then we start looking at this from a logical perspective rather than an emotional aspect (myself included). 

Basically, the money we pay is not worth the service we receive and Verizon keeps tipping the scales further and further from it's customers.  I think they've made their choice.  I don't think they should be surprised when they see our response. 

avoicu1
Enthusiast - Level 1

If they do this, i will probably just buy an unlocked nexus phone from the Play Store and use AT&T or T-Mobile. Only $100 extra, no contracts and no waiting for Verizon to update the software months after the rest of the world..

DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

Sprint is looking good right now, I agree. After several months of owning a Galaxy Nexus and NO software updates, and now the likely hood that those of us who are grandfathered in to unlimited data plans losing them is going to cause me to take a long look at Sprint. They have the Galaxy Nexus and it's shipping with Android 4.0.4 and it has Google Wallet which Verizon blocked so they can continue working on ISIS they're own payment system launching next year. I was with Alltel for 8 years, they're selection of phones wasn't always current, but they were a good company. When Verizon absorbed them it was ok at first, but things are different now. There are a lot more options for smartphone users as far as prepaid and alternative data plans. I'm quite frankly tired of paying $ 106.00 per month and not always being treated well, i.e. I paid $650.00 for my Galaxy Nexus in January. When the first replacement crapped out, Verizon said I was out of my 2 week window and I would be issued a Certified Like New replacement. I explained that I paid $650 for my phone a month before, they said it didn't matter. I think the final nail in the coffin will be when Verizon officially announces the end of unlimited data plans.

DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

I will too.

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

This is the final straw. Between Verizon totally botching the Galaxy Nexus. It's been 5 months and no update to fix the crappy radios and the battery life is awful. The phone constantly random reboots. I have to pull the battery twice a week just to keep the phone working decent. The only reason I stayed with Verizon is cause of the unlimited data. This fall when the new Nexus phones are released I'm leaving Verizon and going else where. I've had enough of Verizon's crap. They load down all the phones with their own craps that you have to pay to use. If I really wanted Verizon Video and VZ Navigator I'll download them. The tighter you close your fist around your customers, the more will slip through your fingers.