USB Media Sync Force Close
RockALittle

I connected my phone to my PC through a USB cord and went to change my USB settings to media sync, but when I went to go to my USB settings, it wouldn't let me enter and gave me the message of  "The application Media sync (process com.samsung.mtp) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." with the only option of force close and when I press that it takes me back into "main" settings screen. I tried unmounting my sd card, taking it out and putting it back in. I tried updating my phone but that didn't work either. I have never had this happen to my phone. It always worked fine when I went to change my USB settings. Any help or suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: USB Media Sync Force Close
gwdaniels1984

I'm having the exact same problem, my wifes phone works fine but everytime I reboot mine or try to go to USB settings I get error that says...

Sorry!

The application Media Sync

(process com.samsung.mtp)

has stopped unexpectedly.

Please try again

0 Likes
eaustin22

You are having problems with your phone due to the most recent update DL09. Some of the phones took the update with no problems but most didn't. When you speak with Verizon they claim they are unaware of any problems but with a little probing  online you can see that the problem is wide spread when it comes to the Facinate.  You should be asking VZ what they plan to do to fix this problem.

0 Likes
ross1

My Fascinate started issues after DL09 update as well.  The "Mount" option and USB window never pops up, just the media sync: connected then timer never moves.  Also obtained a constant GPS icon to the left of the 3G icon on the very top status bar.  Now I have no way to upload or download music unless I acquire the sandisk adapter and pull the card.  I hope to get an answer soon from Verizon, but the phone is warranted so now is the time to see if they stand behind it.

0 Likes