Re: Trouble with numerical pad blinking out
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

cynindesign wrote:

Thank you so much, I used 2 hands this time & got it, I appreciate you replying that you could get in the safe mode.

OK, so now I'm here, how do I find troublesome apps that might be causing trouble?????

You would use the dial pad as you would normally use it or how you were trying to use.  If the problem doesn't repeat itself in safe mode then it was a third party app causing the conflict.  If it does repeat the problem then, you might need to adjust some settings or get the phone possibly replaced.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
fed1234

Try changing that setting. I don't have it checked, and as I said, it brings back the screen. I don't know how long it stays on but it's long enough to figure out what you want to do next.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks, I've unchecked it and will try it on tech supp at Verizon....geeeez I kept trying to select #3 for tech support option

0 Likes
flagal6924

Hi, I had this problem of the light blinking out when I was trying to put in bank passwords, etc.  I found that if you lay the phone down FLAT, on a flat surface, not in your hand, not half way up to your face, etc....but LAY IT DOWN FLAT, preferably on a hard surface, like a desk or book or something,  the light seems to stay on so that you can enter your passwords for your bank account.

In addition, in case you are also having THIS problem, I  discovered early on that you have to MUTE the numerical keypad COMPLETELY in order to put in bank passwords, etc. or they won't take.    The phone will dial a regular ten digit number, but once that happens, and you try to dial the bank checking account password for example, when the phone is anything but on complete MUTE KEY PAD, the microphone reverberates to the point that it doubles your password in a echo fashion and the bank won't take it.   Example, your password is  1234 ....if you don't have the micraphone on MUTE, the password will be reverbed  as  11  22  33  44     and then, of course, your bank won't take it.  I saw this solution on another android forum.

All I wanted was a smart phone that worked.....I didn't want to move heaven and earth to figure out how to practically rebuild this darn thing to get it to work.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Strange I have held my Galaxy Nexus in my hand (although in a fairly flat position) to call my bank and entered in numbers and commands with the keypad without it being on mute.

I guess if it works that way for you, I don't know what is causing issues.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes