Re: Thoughts and Opinions on new ED05 update: Did it Work?
pastelball

It has gotten worse since the update. It doesn't matter were I am at. I go from 4 bars to one to none. Then from 3g to 1x  with no bars. My wife has the same phone and has 3g with 3 bars standing next to me. We got brand new  phones 2 months ago and don't want to swap them out for more defective phones just to find ones that work. After the update I have a lot more services and other stuff running in the background more than before.

0 Likes
shwaltman

Well I just got off the phone with tech support as I am still having the same issues with my phone after the update, their sending me another certified preowned phone, why I would want another pos fascinate is beyond me...Tech support claims they have not been getting any calls after the E05 update, so if you are still having issues I recommend you call, the more the better and then maybe they will act on it...Looks like  a carrier switch is in my future...

0 Likes
pastelball

it seems that if it worked good, if it didn't they will send another fascinate. Why in the world would you want another phone that has been having problems to begin with. i would be happy to trade this in for a brand new phone and move my upgrade just to not have problems. But, that seems to make since.

0 Likes
Shinebox
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still missing calls on ED05. Support wants me to reset my phone... again. I have already done factory resets multiple times. I even restarted the phone and did the "hard reset", tried #228 all the other crap I have seen just about everywhere. This phone just DOESN'T WORK.  There is no point in paying a cell phone bill on a phone that can't be used as a phone.

0 Likes
mesocyclonic

No, it did not work. I have missed several calls since ED05. In addition, I've been missing text messages since ED05 as well, something I did not notice prior to ED05. If you are having these problems, it is not an issue with your specific phone; it's a Fascinate issue!

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

mesocyclonic wrote:

No, it did not work. I have missed several calls since ED05. In addition, I've been missing text messages since ED05 as well, something I did not notice prior to ED05. If you are having these problems, it is not an issue with your specific phone; it's a Fascinate issue!

For the life of me I don't understand why Verizon will not update our phones to Gingerbread and hope that it fixes all our issues, if not then face up that this phone has been a dud since Froyo and allow us either to swap it out as before or allow us to pay for a onetime upgrade to a newer model if so desired..
0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

nickjr wrote:

mesocyclonic wrote:

For the life of me I don't understand why Verizon will not update our phones to Gingerbread and hope that it fixes all our issues, if not then face up that this phone has been a dud since Froyo and allow us either to swap it out as before or allow us to pay for a onetime upgrade to a newer model if so desired..

Even if there is an official GB lurking at Samsung it will have to be tested and loaded up with all the VZW bloat before it is released to the masses OTA.

I would like to see a comment from a rep about an official GB release.  I do think eventually it will come for you guys but in the meantime something has to be done about the missed call issue, patches aren't working according to reports on this board.

Time to offer early upgrades Big Red for those who want it. 

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

BOTB,

I'm starting to agree with you. I have 3 Fascinates all on ED05.

Samsung/Verizon should release latest version of Gingerbread to Fasincate.

( or at least announce 'roughly' when it will be available. )

If that doesnt fix most, if not all issues, then Fascinate owners should be allowed

to 'early upgrade' to any other Verizon phone at current upgrade pricing .

That sure seems fair to me and would go a long way to satisfy what seems to be

many unhappy Fascinate owners.

0 Likes
pastelball
Well I did a factory reset and mine is signal is doing the same thing. Also stuff keeps running that I never started. Still amazing that people are still having problems and all they do is give you another fascinate. Way to go.
0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Yellowboy74,

When the voice mails were left, was your phone powered on? In this case, the phone would not show a missed call. A missed call would only show if your phone rang when the call came in. Additionally, if you were in a location where the signal was weak, calls can sometimes go directly to voice mail. These occurrences would be the case with any phone. 

Since your posting, have you experienced any additional issues?

Please let us know any further information you may find helpful for us to investigate.

Thanks for your posting and have a good day!

0 Likes