Re: Thoughts and Opinions on new ED05 update: Did it Work?
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I am Getting 5 and yes I have it all Turned off and Only check email when I do it --I dont have it checking in Background all the time

I do use the phone alot ,also text 

I was not even getting a day before update

0 Likes
mytoy
I used it a lot .to test it. I even watched a long video and did a lot of posting and texting. Yes, I have GPS and WIFI turned off. I never use WIFI or GPS.
0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got two voicemails today and they did not show in the call log as missed call. This is unacceptable.  The problem still exist

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

yellowboy74 wrote:

Got two voicemails today and they did not show in the call log as missed call. This is unacceptable.  The problem still exist

I feel your pain wish ED05 would have fixed all the phones Sorry

all I know is it did fix a Vast amount of them not all

Hope they Just replace the one's That Did not get fixed

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the concern

0 Likes
Not applicable

tawest64 wrote:

I can't speak to the missed calls yet but I can state that the lag time between screens is not fixed! I am also still experiencing screen freezes where my screens lock up while trying to scroll from one screen to the next.  Also - tapping on an "icon" to open a program is still lagging way behind.  Sometimes up to 45 seconds or more.  This actually seems worse than before.

Ugh.

Tawest64, thanks for adding your issue. Taking this long to move between screens is definitely not normal, and not something I have seen with the new or previous software versions. I would suggest booting the phone into safe mode to see if this still occurs. If it doesn't, this means an application running in the background may be causing it. Check your running applications and close running apps. You will need to remove applications that may be causing this. If it is still occurring in safe mode, something may be corrupt in the software. I recommend a factory reset

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Pastelball,

I understand your frustration with your device. I would like to ask you some questions.

Were you having reception issues before the update, or just after?

Are you having the issue in all different areas, or just a specific location or two?

Please let us know the answers, as signal fluctuation is not a known issue with the update to ED05.

Thanks very much!

0 Likes
tawest64

The only running apps on my phone are the ones that I can't remove because Verizon put them there.  I always shut down all the apps that I can.  I didn't have this problem before the update so I highly doubt something is corrupt in my software.  I've read these forums and I know this is not just happening to me, come on.

Oh and hey, guess what?  I AM ONCE AGAIN NOT GETTING TEXT MESSAGES.  I was sent at least four today that I know I didn't receive.  My mother is VERY ill and needs to be able to reach me, this is beyond frustrating - at this point I am furious.

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah I feel your pain because i am still having miss call problems as well, but since the ED05 update, they only occur in the morning when i wake up which is a hell of a lot better than before. All i have to do is wake it up and all as well until the next morning. I get up @ 6:00 am so no one is calling me at that time anyway .After the ed05 update, i woke up one morning and lord behold, there were two voicemails and no miss calls in the call log and i almost lost it, but they only way i calmed down is that they promised me that another update was coming on aug 1(still waiting) but as i previously stated, the miss calls only occur in the morning when i have went almost 8 hours without touching it which is still unacceptable. But my point is you guys are probably going to have to bite the bullet and have verizon continue to send u fascinate replacements until you get one that works because you noticed the number of miss call complaints have decreased alot on this forum since the update so evidentally , the Ed05 update had to fix at least the majority of fascinates, maybe 90 percent of them. Yeah i think the two reps was just trying to get me off the phone when they told me another update was coming so i guess i was lied to, But i have looked at other fascinate forums, and a lot of people have posted that ed05 fixed their miss call problems, so i would have them send another fascinate and you might get one that works well with the Edo5 update. I just think that the hardware inside of these fascinates are not identical(might be slightly differnt) which is just enough to caused more problems after the Ed05 update, im just saying

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

yellowboy74 wrote:

Yeah I feel your pain because i am still having miss call problems as well, but since the ED05 update, they only occur in the morning when i wake up which is a hell of a lot better than before. All i have to do is wake it up and all as well until the next morning. I get up @ 6:00 am so no one is calling me at that time anyway .After the ed05 update, i woke up one morning and lord behold, there were two voicemails and no miss calls in the call log and i almost lost it, but they only way i calmed down is that they promised me that another update was coming on aug 1(still waiting) but as i previously stated, the miss calls only occur in the morning when i have went almost 8 hours without touching it which is still unacceptable. But my point is you guys are probably going to have to bite the bullet and have verizon continue to send u fascinate replacements until you get one that works because you noticed the number of miss call complaints have decreased alot on this forum since the update so evidentally , the Ed05 update had to fix at least the majority of fascinates, maybe 90 percent of them. Yeah i think the two reps was just trying to get me off the phone when they told me another update was coming so i guess i was lied to, But i have looked at other fascinate forums, and a lot of people have posted that ed05 fixed their miss call problems, so i would have them send another fascinate and you might get one that works well with the Edo5 update. I just think that the hardware inside of these fascinates are not identical(might be slightly differnt) which is just enough to caused more problems after the Ed05 update, im just saying

I have also voicemails, and phone never rang
0 Likes